E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Boston MA - Free to good (or bad) home-driving (but rusty) E300D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E300
Boston MA - Free to good (or bad) home-driving (but rusty) E300D

Have a complete, "drivable" (but very rusty and frankly probably unsafe structurally) 1998 E300D.

Was my daily driver from fall 2009 to Dec 2014 (nhdoc owned it prior to me). Parked and not driven much since Jan 2015.

216K miles, motor and trans seem good.

Mechanicals good overall. Exhaust would need work to make it legal. There is a fuel leak left side of the engine. I changed all but one of the plastic fuel lines and I think that last one might be the issue as it marks its territory with diesel fuel if the tank is filled.

Body very rusty around the fenders (not that big a deal), but rusted substantially on passenger side rocker box, which makes the car structurally questionable in my mind. You could drive it, but I'm not confident in its performance in a collision nor in its ability to pass a state safety inspection.

If you care about what color the car is, this is probably not the car for you, but it's the bluish-green metallic with tan interior.

If I charge the battery, it starts and I've driven it around the block when I needed to access my driveway for another project. I'm happy to charge it up and help you drive it onto your trailer to get it out of here. You can fix it, part it out, or enter it in a demolition derby for all I care. I just need it gone and I'd rather offer it to MB enthusiasts before calling one of those "we pay for junk cars" places.

If you're interested, reply on thread or PM.