E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Mobile Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Talking Mobile Video

Just had my Sony in dash motorized lcd put in. had the shop pull the old analog type phone that will never be used anyway and install DVD player in its place. I still have the hide away option as before with the phone this looks real clean and avoided having to mount DVD player where it was inconvenient. They also bypassed the parking brake car in park BS so my daughter won’t drive me freaking crazy while on the road. Here is the pic

Old 04-21-2004, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Hey Shane, how does it look when it's closed???
Old 04-21-2004, 06:14 PM

E320
closed

Heres a pic! i was looking for a black faced unit so it would look stock but i couldnt pass up the deal on the sony. my interior is blue and the sony has blue accents which do match my interior so its not to bad.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Looks pretty good. I've been looking for a deal on an all-in-one unit so that I can mount it in the pocket under the stock head unit as you have your DVD player and leave the stock HU in place for the "factory" look...
Old 04-24-2004, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
you know you can swicth the slots on the radio and ac units.. so that the tv flips out higher and doesn't block anything.........
Old 04-26-2004, 11:23 AM

E320
thought about it

Yeah I have been thinking about moving it. I'm still undecided though. I have to take the car back to the place that installed it to replace dvd player since the Damn button allready broke. I'll have them switch slots and see how it looks. Im thinking it might sit to high and be highly visable outside of the vehicle especially at night thus drawing unwanted attension by cops and robbers.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, i would just leave it where it is, especially since u can have it running while the car is in motion. Cops are lookin for more of that stuff, might be a good idea to get your windows tinted in the front, it would help out...just bought a pioneer navi system, avic-n1, gonna get it installed soon, will post pics.

peace

sameer
Old 05-05-2004, 10:52 AM

E320
pioneer

Sameer

Is that the new system out from pioneer that is all in one! I talked to the pioneer guy at a car show at south padre island and he gave me the info on the new all in one unit that did not require a seperate nav unit. actually less $$$$ than buying the old system that requires the seperate nav unit and new one has many new features! aprox release date was May. $2000.00 dollar range

I also decided against moving my screen up to the ac din. my windows are tinted 20% which is illeagal here in texas 35% is the max (i dont have any problems because im not driving a rice burner). During the day cannot see screen at all but at night it is visable even through the rear window which is tinted limo! like i said i have yet to expierence any problems because my car is not a rice burner!

Good luck on your install!