E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

4 Malfunctions! (Update)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E55, Silver/Charcol
4 Malfunctions! (Update)

Just in case anyone wanted to know...

Two weeks ago I had a problem which caused BAS, ABS, ESP and defective bulb malfunctions. The dealer told me that is was a defective brake pedal switch and replaced it. The problem came back immediately. Next, I was told that it was a loose connection at the control module which was fixed. I got the car half way home and wouldn't you know it, the problem is back again, and this is after they had the car for two days!

Turning the wheel all the way to the left, then right doesn't even clear the problem anymore.

The dealer doesn't know about the 2nd failed attempt to repair this yet but they will be getting an earful tomorrow.

Old 04-15-2002, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 : 2007 C230
Be sure to do the following:
1. Have your service writer enter the problem in your exact words.
2. Use the same words to describe the same problem.
3. Keep ALL copies of service records.
4. Make detailed notes of any conversations with dealer employees.
5. Allow the dealer to keep the car as long as necessary to diagnose the problem.

This will make your lemon law case much easier.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:07 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 4 Malfunctions! (Update)

Originally posted by PetersE55
Just in case anyone wanted to know...

Two weeks ago I had a problem which caused BAS, ABS, ESP and defective bulb malfunctions. The dealer told me that is was a defective brake pedal switch and replaced it. The problem came back immediately. Next, I was told that it was a loose connection at the control module which was fixed. I got the car half way home and wouldn't you know it, the problem is back again, and this is after they had the car for two days!

Turning the wheel all the way to the left, then right doesn't even clear the problem anymore.

The dealer doesn't know about the 2nd failed attempt to repair this yet but they will be getting an earful tomorrow.

HHHmmmm Interesting.