E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

URGENT Facelift AMG Kit on PreFacelift w210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See Sig.
URGENT Facelift AMG Kit on PreFacelift w210

Hey people,

I totally forgot to check sumthing, wat exactly do i need in order to fit a facelift AMG rear bumper and facelift AMG sides on a pre-facelife w210?

would be gr8 if i could get part numbers,

many thanks!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Well, I don't know the part numbers off hand but they're really not that important. Once you have the bumper and sides just go to the stealership and tell them that you need all of the mounting clips for your parts. You will also need the 4 rubber pieces/liners that go in between the bottom of the fenders and the qtr. panels where they meet the side skirts. All of these items that I mentioned are not that expensive and the stealership can look them all up on the computer and tell you exactly which ones you need. Then it's all a matter of just snapping all the clips in yourself and securing a couple of bolts in the rear bumper. Check out this pic. with the rubber pieces circled, those are the ones you need. Sorry I don't have the car anymore so I can't provide any close-up pics...
Old 05-21-2004, 11:19 AM

See Sig.
thanks for the info jimmy, so all i really need is the mounting clips? and the 'stealership' will tell me which ones i need?

i heard that you need brackets to get the bumper on? what was that all about?

ALSO I need your adivse man, i have to make a rush descion on sum rimms, i can get these

Antera 343

19x9.5 rear and 19x8.5 front, wat'd you think? or shall i stick to the normal ones....

thanks alot man...

Last edited by *PaKiStAni-UK*; 05-21-2004 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not sure what "brackets" you need for the rear but it might be the clips that I'm referring to. Either way the stealership will show you on the computer in the parts dept. which parts you will need. They showed me at a couple of different stealerships without a problem.

Anyway, what do you mean by "stick with the normal ones?" Which normal ones are you referring to, the ones you have now? IMHO, if you ask me about my taste on these wheels, no offense but I'd have to tell you that I like the ones you have now. I'm not too crazy of how the center of the wheel sticks out so much compared to the lip so the wheel doesn't appear to be deep. That's just my opinion though and I don't want to offend...
Old 05-21-2004, 11:41 AM

See Sig.
Okay so I don’t really need to worry about anything regarding the AMG kit, just get it sorted once the kits one. (cant wait)

As for the rimms when i said normal rimms i meant the ones i have at the moment, and your right man, if i could change anything on the rimms i have @ the moment it would be so the middle part (inner) part is flat, they stick out a little at the moment. and these 343 stick out wayyy too much if your gonan have a 9.5 rear wheel you wanna show off the dish as much as possible right?

so anyway im going to reorder the same rimms, fresh rimms coming with a fresh AMG kit!

thanks for the advise jimmy!
Old 05-21-2004, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Paki man! Stay with your rims.....if you think those stick out check these out:

Old 05-21-2004, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by *PaKiStAni-UK*
Okay so I don’t really need to worry about anything regarding the AMG kit, just get it sorted once the kits one. (cant wait)

As for the rimms when i said normal rimms i meant the ones i have at the moment, and your right man, if i could change anything on the rimms i have @ the moment it would be so the middle part (inner) part is flat, they stick out a little at the moment. and these 343 stick out wayyy too much if your gonan have a 9.5 rear wheel you wanna show off the dish as much as possible right?

so anyway im going to reorder the same rimms, fresh rimms coming with a fresh AMG kit!

thanks for the advise jimmy!
Save some money man and refinish your existing wheels, they look tight! Use the money saved on doing other mods, there are a lot of things you can do, which I'm sure you know about, hehe.

Oh btw, what type of front bumper are you getting since we already know what's coming for the sides and rear???
Old 05-21-2004, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
$$$$$$$$ is that all that's in your head right now? lol

We are forgetful aren't we, he got it already - jsut don't have a decent pic:

Old 05-21-2004, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's right, I forgot because he hasn't updated his sig. pic. yet man, relax! Oh and yes, $$$$$$ is all that's on my mind right now because shortly, I am going to have a new wife and paying for the wedding, a new house, money to remodel, her shopping expenses, etc...
Old 05-21-2004, 12:45 PM

mercedes E320
Question

hey jimmy i need to ask u quick question.. i got a mercedes prefacelift model e320 and i have got 2000+ side skirts and rear bumper and i have fabricated a 2000+front amg bumper to fit my exisiting bumper but b4 i do that i need to know how to remove the front bumper as this is my first mercedes i am not familiar with their fixings. please could you let me know on how you remove the front bumper shell and as i have searchd on everyyy damn forum but cant find nothing. when my car is finishd this forum is in for one big surprise need to learn how to post pics

pleaseeee let me know how to remove it cheers
Old 05-21-2004, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by saddam
hey jimmy i need to ask u quick question.. i got a mercedes prefacelift model e320 and i have got 2000+ side skirts and rear bumper and i have fabricated a 2000+front amg bumper to fit my exisiting bumper but b4 i do that i need to know how to remove the front bumper as this is my first mercedes i am not familiar with their fixings. please could you let me know on how you remove the front bumper shell and as i have searchd on everyyy damn forum but cant find nothing. when my car is finishd this forum is in for one big surprise need to learn how to post pics

pleaseeee let me know how to remove it cheers
I just replied to your PM. Make sure to show us pics. of your MY00+ bumper modded to fit the MY96-99! Very interesting to see how this was done...Thanks.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:16 PM

See Sig.
lol u guys crack me up, yeah ur right im gonna go for the same rimms just a fresh set, the car's nearly complete (finally)! first thing im gonna do is post pics!

again thanks for the adivse man,
Old 05-21-2004, 01:19 PM

See Sig.
p.s congrats jimmy! on the wedding, house, selling the car , wats the nxt project? I say sell everythign and buy a CL65 AMG (sleep in it too) lol
Old 05-21-2004, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol u guys crack me up, yeah ur right im gonna go for the same rimms just a fresh set, the car's nearly complete (finally)! first thing im gonna do is post pics!

again thanks for the adivse man,
So what the heck are you talking about then, lol...
Old 05-21-2004, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

p.s congrats jimmy! on the wedding, house, selling the car , wats the nxt project? I say sell everythign and buy a CL65 AMG (sleep in it too) lol
:p

If all goes well later this year with the investments I'm hoping for either a W210 or W211 E55. We'll have to wait and see...