E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

ESP in the Heat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz W210 1997 E420
ESP in the Heat

Hello all,

So I'm having a spot of bother with my ESP in the warmer weather. When the vehicle heats up inside, to say a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius or higher, the ESP and ABS lights go on, and the traction control doesn't work. However, if I park it in the shade, where it keeps cool, or in the cooler weather, this never happens, and the traction control works fine.

Additionally, if I'm driving around for a little while with the ESP acting up (tho there is no discernible difference in braking and stopping), and the air conditioning cools the interior down, if I switch the key on and off, the ESP and ABS lights will go out and I'll be able to switch it on and off again.

Has this ever happened to any of you before? Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Dear Shady, have you ever thought of finding someone who can read the ESP control module rather than a finger in the wind approach to solving the problem??
Old 06-25-2023, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Resolve

Originally Posted by Ashton Dimovski
Hello all,

So I'm having a spot of bother with my ESP in the warmer weather. When the vehicle heats up inside, to say a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius or higher, the ESP and ABS lights go on, and the traction control doesn't work. However, if I park it in the shade, where it keeps cool, or in the cooler weather, this never happens, and the traction control works fine.

Additionally, if I'm driving around for a little while with the ESP acting up (tho there is no discernible difference in braking and stopping), and the air conditioning cools the interior down, if I switch the key on and off, the ESP and ABS lights will go out and I'll be able to switch it on and off again.

Has this ever happened to any of you before? Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks for your time.
hi did you ever resolve this problem? Thanks