E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

2001 E320 PSE troubleshooting woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 E320 wagon rwd
2001 E320 PSE troubleshooting woes

Hello it is time for me to fix my PSE troubles. It has been almost a year without my Comfort Seats! My back can't take it anymore.. LOL

I have read and read and read and cannot find any help so here it goes.

I have a W210 2001 wagon rear wheel drive. When I got it everything worked work fine. Somewhere along the way I lost my my pressure and vacuum. It might have been when I hit a deer on the passengers front. From what I understand there is a vacuum Reservoir there.

Current stats:
The the door locks only work manually, the key fob makes the windows roll up and down and the alarm works, that is all. The Dash door lock button does nothing. The tailgate does not lock the fuel door does not lock Etc. When you turn on the ignition, The pump does the normal 3 second cycle and then shuts off.. I know there is a vacuum leak under the dash, I can hear it., my vents change all the time even if sitting in park with the air conditioning on. There is 0 moisture in the battery and PSE area. All fuses are good.

Question, if I remove the vacuum line at the back of the intake on my engine and put a hand vacuum pump on it,, should it hold vacuum?

Does anyone have a sequence of operations for the PSE system? It seems like it does the 3-second start up and then shuts off like it's waiting or has been interrupted. I would highly doubt there's anything wrong with my pump.

any suggestions or communication about this would be greatly appreciated! My back is killing me! I drive cross-country several times per year LOL.
Thank you.

Last edited by Patrick Trollen; 08-21-2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: correction
Old 08-20-2018, 11:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
If what you post is correct and you do not have any pressure or vacuum yet you hear the pump running then it's a good chance that your pump is faulty and therefore all of of your following questions about testing is moot-----did I miss something or do you need to read more??