E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

auto couture nightmare part 3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
auto couture nightmare part 3

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=72398

can anyone help out?????
Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210, W220, W163, W164, C6

* Autobacs USA - (714) 903.9900; they can special order parts from Japan.
or
* Autofreak - (714) 437.9112; Kijaro (manager) may be able to assist you in obtaining Japanese related parts.

Alex, I strongly suggest you walk-in with pictorals.

Good Luck Bro'
Old 06-09-2004, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
thanks rich.....i've called around some tuner shops and have had no luck...i'll look into those things and let you know what i come up with..........
Old 06-12-2004, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
If you still have problems, let me know what it is you need to tell them. I have a friend in Tokyo who may be able to talk to them direct.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
So Alex, Any luck yet?
Old 06-12-2004, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
sounds good dave, but those retards havn't responded back to my emails in the last few days, there pissing me off now........

richard i havn't tried those places yet, the last few days have been crazy, had my carpets changed and on top of it i got sick so i've been taking it easy , i'm going to call monday so i'll let you know..
Old 06-12-2004, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
I think they need to check every word in the dictionary. Wald took 2 months to respond to my request and that was after I had sourced, ordered and installed my AMG kit! Just tell me exactly what it is you need, addresses, payment details etc if you need my help....
Old 06-14-2004, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
rich, they said they can get it but there's a 6-8 weeks but that they would have to call and find out.............damn, no one has any clue on AC kits.........
Old 06-14-2004, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Dude, Shane says the bumper he can get is one with a mesh like the CLK - exactly what you wanted........
Old 06-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Almost a Member!

W124 1986
For your information guys:

Wald takes 2 weeks to produce aero parts, 4 wks for wheels

Auto Couture takes 3 weeks for aero parts, 5 wks for wheels

In Wald, only Aida san can converse in English, Miyazato san barely. In Auto Couture, non can speak english.

They usually receive hundreds of emails and individual emails will be forwarded to their respective distributors accordingly. Therefore, your email is probably forwarded to the US distributors and my bet is they are probably sitting on it.

Although I am a distributor for South East Asia, I would like to help but that will mean stepping into the US territory and I would not want to upset the US distributors.

However, Wald seems to be behaving strangely lately as they are not responding to our emails as well.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally posted by imperial
Although I am a distributor for South East Asia, I would like to help but that will mean stepping into the US territory and I would not want to upset the US distributors.
Where in Asia are you Imperial? I may be looking for some stuff soon...I'm in HK and I can't find a distributor....
Old 06-15-2004, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
imperial there are no US distributors.. they pulled out on auto couture..........

here's what i got in my email last night from boom-enterprises

Dear Alex :
Sorry to have kept you.

F/Bumper Complete Ver. : List P. jpy120,000 come with fog lamps.
It make your face as the phase-2, but the waist trim position cannot match with phase-1.
Anyway Boom Enterprises and Auto Couture will never take any responsibility of this
Front bumper shipment. If you could agree with this, please place it order.

Your cost of the F/Bumper Complete Ver. is List P. jpy120,000 x 0.7 = Ex. Boom Enterprises warehouse in Yokohama, Japan.

The production term is about 2 weeks after receiving your found.

Here is the freight charge at CIF LAX is : jpy40,650.

Length Width Height NO of C/T Vol/Wt.
194 70 85 1 192.3833

Freight Charges Quotation
@ @ @
@ @ @
Dest. Chg/Wt. Invoice Value
Los Angels 71.0 84,000
@ @ @
@ @ @
Air Freight 28,400
Export Customs Clearance Charge 4,200
Pick Up Charge 1,575
Freight Charge to Bonded Warehouse 1,300
Terminal Charge 1,440
Charge for Custody 525
Handling Charge -
Air Way Bill Fee 210
Documentation Fee -
Packing Charge -
Insurance 3,000
@ @ @
Total JPY 40,650
@ @ @
@ @ @
**Contact Person in Destination City/Country**
Los Angels @ @
YAMATO TRANSPORT U.S.A.INC.,LAX BRANCH
TEL:310-338-1400 @ @
FAX:310-338-0042 @ @
E-MAIL: mfurukawa@nekonet-us.com @

but i've never dealt with anyone out of country before and also
they can't take blame if anything's happens?????

someone please help, if anyone helps me out i'll keep my mouth **** and won't do any mod on this car after, haha

dave i saw the pics, it's not what you thought it was on shane's kit......replica 96-99 version
Old 06-15-2004, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Sounds confusing but I can just make out what they're saying....

Ya, I know, its the same as Aubl's ride.....
Old 06-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Almost a Member!

W124 1986
Originally posted by Whitey
Where in Asia are you Imperial? I may be looking for some stuff soon...I'm in HK and I can't find a distributor....
Hey Whitey, We are headquartered in Singapore.

We represent Wald Co., Auto Couture, MZM, Evolution, Vieque, GUT Mini, etc...

Let me know if you're interested in setting up a branch in HK I'll talk to my board of directors.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Almost a Member!

W124 1986
Hey Whitey, We are headquartered in Singapore.

We represent Wald Co., Auto Couture, MZM, Evolution, Vieque, GUT Mini, etc...

Let me know if you're interested in setting up a branch in HK I'll talk to my board of directors.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Mmmm, interesting idea - always wanted to do something relating to my passion. Auto Design Haus here used to import Auto Couture but I understand have stopped. My mech. used to be the Brabus dealer but lost it recently so he too may be interested. Stay in touch Imperial.....please send me your contacts if you can, I'm in Singapore sometimes.

Can you help Alex?
Old 06-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Almost a Member!

W124 1986
Boom Enterprise is the 'representative' for Auto Couture.

- They only accept TT as payment.
- Production only starts when full payment is received (if there's no stock)
- They will NOT be held responsible if you did not receive your shipment if something went wrong, but they will produce and sent it on good faith.
- Their responsibility ends when they put the box into the shipping company's container.

I know Boom Enterprise, and their president Keiichi is a good friend of my Managing Director. We have been doing business with them and they are honourable.

I would suggest you to buy insurance on the shipment.

Otherwise I don't see much risk involve other than the ship sinking
Old 06-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Almost a Member!

W124 1986
Mmmm, interesting idea - always wanted to do something relating to my passion. Auto Design Haus here used to import Auto Couture but I understand have stopped. My mech. used to be the Brabus dealer but lost it recently so he too may be interested. Stay in touch Imperial.....please send me your contacts if you can, I'm in Singapore sometimes.

Can you help Alex?
I cannot help Alex much for now but to give him confident on ordering from Boom Enterprise.

I can speak to Boom Enterprise but they will still not bear the responsibility if Alex does not receive his shipment. Therfore I recommend buying insurance.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Almost a Member!

W124 1986
Alex, if your shipment went missing, you can locate Boom Enterprise at this address

I am Chi from Imperial Concepts Pte Ltd in Singapore. That should ring a bell in his mind.

Last edited by imperial; 06-16-2004 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Almost a Member!

W124 1986
Almost forgot to mention this to Alex:

After Boom Enterprise sent your bumper to the shipping company, he will send you a shipping list of what he gave the shipping company, the box number etc.

This is a proof of them fulfilling their part. If there is no shipping document, then they have not send the goods to the shipping company.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally posted by imperial
Boom Enterprise is the 'representative' for Auto Couture.

- They only accept TT as payment.
- Production only starts when full payment is received (if there's no stock)
- They will NOT be held responsible if you did not receive your shipment if something went wrong, but they will produce and sent it on good faith.
- Their responsibility ends when they put the box into the shipping company's container.

I know Boom Enterprise, and their president Keiichi is a good friend of my Managing Director. We have been doing business with them and they are honourable.

I would suggest you to buy insurance on the shipment.

Otherwise I don't see much risk involve other than the ship sinking
Yep, that's generally the arrangement for all trade in Asia or anywhere else for that matter. I believe the only difference in the US is they are spoilt with the option of sending stuff back, even if it is becuz they change their mind. Granted, Imperial, if it is bad workmanship, surely they will replace it and pay for subsequent shipments right? I understand the Japanese are always very honorable and the customer always comes first, right?

Insurance is important if it is CIF terms. the Bill of Lading is THE most important in this case - it is proof of ownership when you collect it from the docks, it is proof that the goods actually left the hands of the manufacturer and boarded the ship, and if payment is by letter of credit (why wouldn't they take L/C btw?), it is one fo the main documents used by the bank to collect payment from the buyers bank......

Alex, if you have the option of using L/C's, I would strongly recommend it - you deal with your bank, and it deals with the vendors bank. Your bank doesn't release payment until the bill of lading is received but the vendor's bank has your bank's promise to pay via the L/C so will release the goods, together with insurance, you're basically covered. If no L/C option, then there is some risk but AC or Wald are major players so it should be OK to pre-pay. As I said, the Japs are very honorable, especially if they're economy is struggling.

Alex, I truly believe we have made some progress here......

BTW, what do you mean you haven't dealt with overseas before, don't you import stuff for BNB?
Old 06-16-2004, 01:51 AM
Almost a Member!

W124 1986
The Jap do not honour L/C.

Boom Enterprise will only accept L/C if you have good relationship with them and your order quantity exceeds US$200,000.

Junction Produce only accept L/C if amount exceeds US$200,000

Wald completely ignore L/C!!! We asked to loan a LS430 for exhibition and they wanted us to TT them US$100,000!!! NO L/C!!
Old 06-16-2004, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Just cleared my PM dude
Old 06-16-2004, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
man, i'm soo lost, lakers lost and i had a crapy night...........

so what am i looking at?? how much do i get insurance for??would it be easier if dave you got it and sent it to me????i hate the idea of sending that much money and just hopeing it'll come...how long does it take to recive it??? 2 weeks??
Old 06-16-2004, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Calm down dude, the worst decisions are made when you're in such a state.

Here's my attempt at a summary:

Two weeks to wait for manufacturing + however long it takes to ship to you......my guess is a month or two if by sea, under a month by air but that would cost you heaps more (i.e. up to 2.5 months wait from the date of payment).

As for insurance, whatever it costs to do the entire transaction, depending on how much the premium is, maybe it is better for a lesser value since its only a remote risk you're trying to insure against (its a cost decision and depends on what the cut-off is between the sliding scale of the insurance premiums).

No, if I got it for you, you'd be hit with double shipment costs and twice the risk!

One way to reduce your cost is to see if anyone else can share a container (i.e. the cost of shipment) with you. Or maybe you would want to order some stuff for your shop since you don't have a dealer in the US anymore - if you go down this route, maybe you could negotiate a "dealer price". I've been told it is much cheaper/cost efficient if you rent an entire container. I would try asking one of the freight companies (e.g. Burlington Air Express, Fedex, UPS, Evergreen etc) what your options are - you probably don't need AC to organize the shipping for you since they don't accept liability after it has left the factory. Good luck!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: auto couture nightmare part 3