E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Parking light problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 E320
Parking light problem

On my 99 E320 the small light next to the headlight on the drivers side all of a sudden stopped working. I checked all the fuses and all of them were ok. All of my other lights work fine. I saw a thread where there is a small inline fuse for the parking lights that sometimes goes out. I checked all the headlight wiring and there was one wire that was broken and this wire had the inline fuse on it. I reconnected it and the light still didnt work. I cut the inline fuse off and connected the two ends of the wires. I turned my lights on and the parking light was working but my high beam lights were on and wouldnt turn off. I went and brought a fuse holder with a 2amp fuse and connected the two ends to it, and the parking light still didnt work, checked the 2 amp fuse in the fuse holder and it was blown. So i put a 20 amp in it and now my high beam lights are back on and wont turn off. Am i doing something wrong or is there something else i should try? Thanks in advanced
Old 11-06-2018, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts
99 E320
forces the imagination to picture which color wire, which fuse, how the light switch was positioned, etc.
what type of fuse and in relying on your generic description. try posting a photos or something which
could help pinpoint things.

the city light bulb socket and harness are known to become brittle and decompose around the 15 yr mark.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 E320
Originally Posted by raymond g-
forces the imagination to picture which color wire, which fuse, how the light switch was positioned, etc.
what type of fuse and in relying on your generic description. try posting a photos or something which
could help pinpoint things.

the city light bulb socket and harness are known to become brittle and decompose around the 15 yr mark.
The wire that was broken was a blueish color on one end it was below the parking light along with some other wires. Then there a grey broken wire in the cormer by the turn signal light. The bluish wire had the inline fusable link on it. It was broken about a half of an inch before the link. These were the only two broken wires so i figured that they must have been connected together. I used a round fuse holder with a round 2amp fuse in it. When the fuse blew i switched to a round 20amp fuse. I turned the light switch all the way on to the right.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 E 430
Wiring

I bought a new wire set off eBay for $29. Solved my problem in mins.