E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

lowering suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Focus ST
lowering suspension

i was interested in putting on H&R sport suspension which lowers the front 1.3 and the back 1.4. well the first question is are there rubbing issues with stock rims. and also i heard that if i lower it, the yaw sensors will be out of wack and and can cause me problems? has anyone ever experienced this?

and can anyone help me out with chiping my car also?

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210/75932-chips.html
Old 07-19-2004, 11:42 PM
E43

2000 E430 Sport
If what you mean is H&R sport springs, I currently have those on my 2000 E430. Initially, the stock sport rims (17x8) were on the car, and now I have a staggered 19" Carlsson setup. No rubbing with either set of wheels. Also, no problem with yaw sensors, but I've never heard of this problem.

If you're looking to lower your car while maintaining the same cushy ride, then I recommend changing just your spring pads. They're inexpensive although you may not get as much of a drop.

If you're looking to lower your car and improve its handling capablilty, then H&R sport springs are the way to go. The springs did not give me enough of a drop, so I have to go back and change the spring pads as well. It's far less expensive to change the pads when you change the springs, so check what pads you have first. If you change springs, you should also upgrade to a sport shock that is valved to match your new springs.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Mine has vogtland springs 1.6 drop with #1's originally #4's so total over 2" drop with staggerd 19's 9.5 wide in the rear and have had no rubbing what so ever.No problems with sensors! However you may need to correct camber in rear with speedy's adjustable camber arms and in the front camber & castor with dealer correction bolts. If more than 2" drop then aftermarket camber kit may need to be fitted to the front to provide more adjustment then dealer bolts will allow. mine -1 1/4 degree still after camber bolts adjusted to max. i lowered car about a month or so ago and tires in the rear show some major tread loss on the inside of the tires allready.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Focus ST
i want the car to be sporty. i don't want to be a land boat. i am generaly tecnically inclined person about car mechanics and i have never heard of spring pads. but u guys have never had a broplem with check engine lights or anything? also i have the tools to install the springs myself so installation is not a problem.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
No problems with check engine light! you will need to swap out shocks with sport shocks as well, few might disagree but believe me less than a month with mine lowered and stock springs shot to sh$t now will have to go through the trouble of R&R again.

spring pads are a factory rubber spacer that fits between top of spring and upper spring seat they come in different sizes from the factory #1 being the thinest do a search in the forum and you will find out how to check what size you have and and how many mm.

by the way your average spring compressor will not work on these cars.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:39 AM

2000 E430 sport package
I agree with Shane and E43, I have H&R sway bars and springs, koni shocks on BBS 19 LM's on a 2000 e430 sport. The setup is pretty sweet. I had the benefit of having evosport install it for me. The only issue I had in the beginning was the choice of tires. I started with Mich Pilot Sports and they rubbed even after rolling the fenders. I do not have rubbing issues now and have never had check engine light problems. I replaced the Pilots with Toyo Proxes and have not looked back. I have enjoyed this setup since April 2004.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:08 PM

E320 2000 w/GPS
Koni & vogtland

I have Koni adjustable and Vogtland springs. I would recommended get Koni shocks and set to soft settings, you will not lose any ride comfort. I had it set at Medium at beginning, felt too stiff, and set to soft will give you softer ride. I also had rear adjustable camber arms installed from Speedybenz, great product.

I have 18" Carlsson 2/6. Didn't notice any "sensors" going off. by the way what you mean by "yaw" sensors?