E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Car drops in RPMs, stalls and almost dies.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz E320
Car drops in RPMs, stalls and almost dies.

I need help, I have a 99 E320. Starting last night after I installed my aftermarket head unit and system in my car. I reconnected the battery cable and started it up. It stayed running while I was able to troubleshoot and double check everything was working. I will admit I messed with a couple fuses (next to the battery underneath the backseat) while the car was running,(In search for a better location to put my remote wire for my aftermarket amp). After about 20 min I figured everything out and was satisfied for the night. I went back out later and started it up and was about to drive off. Till I put it in reverse and the car almost died. So I put it back in park and noticed quickly, every time I give it some gas, and the RPMs decrease back down. It almost completely dies. And it’s almost like the voltage drops real low at that point. Also when I tried to drive my check engine light flashed (as if it was misfiring or something) I turned off my radio. Disconnected my system completely. Still the same thing. It will idle just fine though and steady rpms. I’m not sure if what I did through that process may of messed something up, or if I pulled a fuse I shouldnt of while the car was running. I don’t know

if anyone could point me in the direction of what might be going on, or what I could troubleshoot. Or maybe even a link of the fuse box diagram next to my battery underneath the back seat is. It would be greatly appreciated, TIA
Old 01-13-2020, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
Lots of things affect the idle in these cars. Run a diagnostic and give us some codes to start.