E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

SRS Light, Turn signal, wiper/washer, radio, back courtain.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB E280 w210 1998
SRS Light, Turn signal, wiper/washer, radio, back courtain.

Hi all

So im new to this forum and have looked, but could not find any thread relating anything similar (could be wrong)

So I own a Petrol E280 W210 1998. For the last few weeks has been having a problem.
My wiper does not work. Whenever I turn it on no only doesnt do anything, it also turns on the srs light on the dash, kills the radio, and the turn signals stop working. This also happens when i press the back courtain switch (does not work) and also kills the radio and turns the srs light on.
Whenever I have someone on the front passenger seat, none of those things work.

So I have checked the battery (fine), check the wiper motor (fine). Turning my attention now to the comb switch, but dont get why that would affect the radio back courtain and srs, so I suspect it might be a short somewhere in the wiring (old wires), but cant find any wiring shcematics for this car.

Having said that, as anyone experience this (or part) problem?

Thank you
Old 11-12-2020, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 135 Posts
02w163ML500 / 97w210E50AMG / 99w202C230k / 95w124500e-wip
Originally Posted by Joćo Palas
Hi all

So im new to this forum and have looked, but could not find any thread relating anything similar (could be wrong)

So I own a Petrol E280 W210 1998. For the last few weeks has been having a problem.
My wiper does not work. Whenever I turn it on no only doesnt do anything, it also turns on the srs light on the dash, kills the radio, and the turn signals stop working. This also happens when i press the back courtain switch (does not work) and also kills the radio and turns the srs light on.
Whenever I have someone on the front passenger seat, none of those things work.

So I have checked the battery (fine), check the wiper motor (fine). Turning my attention now to the comb switch, but dont get why that would affect the radio back courtain and srs, so I suspect it might be a short somewhere in the wiring (old wires), but cant find any wiring shcematics for this car.

Having said that, as anyone experience this (or part) problem?

Thank you
There's your clue, in your own words.
Start by checking the wiring and the SRS connections in and under the front PS area.
Learn to improve your searching capabilities.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Based on what you have illustrated, I suspect that all your issues are within the front SAM 10/1. However if you do not have the diagnostic tools it will be very difficult for youself to find and solve the problem.
Although you did not provide a VIN some early 98's also have a multifunction control module N10-1. If you have one start there and remember a new module needs to be coded with the MB HHT