E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Quick wheel question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 10:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
1999 E320 Estate/1999 SL500, 2002 C320 SportWagon (Sold)
Quick wheel question

I have a set of AMG IIs that I want to put on my wagon but I wanted to get some clarification before I swapped all 4 wheels.

Question 1: The car the Monoblocks came off of had shorter lug bolts, and by shorter I mean they don't have the extension that lengthens the head of the bolt. Do I need to use the original bolts or new ones?

Question 2: Does anyone know what offset is for the stock 11 hole rims? I did not see a measurement for it when I pulled them off to test fit the Monoblocks.

Question 3: Is there anything else I should be aware of/take into consideration before I do the full swap?

Photos of wheels/specs/bolts for reference

Monos

11 hole wheels

Test fit for tax
Old 05-12-2022, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 172 Likes on 156 Posts
99 E320
Originally Posted by Seam0n_Dem0n
I have a set of AMG IIs that I want to put on my wagon but I wanted to get some clarification before I swapped all 4 wheels.

Question 1: The car the Monoblocks came off of had shorter lug bolts, and by shorter I mean they don't have the extension that lengthens the head of the bolt. Do I need to use the original bolts or new ones?
they LOOK like same diameter bolt as well as same RADIUS ball seat but you have them in hand so measure them to be sure. Also the critical dimensions are those from the ball seal to the threaded end of the bolt. Those of the shorter bolt must match that of the longer bolt (again, from the ball seat down).

The bolt head...the long neck...are somewhat incidental and only important if you want the original LOOK of stock bolts. I didn't care so the bolt head I have are recessed another inch deeper than the long necked bolts. You'll need to ensure you have the proper deep socket to spin the shorter bolt off/on and not scratch the sides of the bolt holes on the wheel

Question 2: Does anyone know what offset is for the stock 11 hole rims? I did not see a measurement for it when I pulled them off to test fit the Monoblocks.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1534519077

Question 3: Is there anything else I should be aware of/take into consideration before I do the full swap?

for me, I would also consider any suspension mods I may/have done (lowering, shock dampening). I would consider the ride height, the tire size .... to determine clearance from wheel arch as well as suspension parts. Your stock wheel appears to be 41 and your new wheels will move it towards the outside (wheel arch) by 10mm. That, and the tire sidewall calculations should tell you how close they are to the wheel arch. You don't want to scrape metal given the low offset (30). This usually is only a concern with the front and much less so in the rear.

<.....>

Test fit for tax
(my comments above)
Old 05-13-2022, 12:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
1999 E320 Estate/1999 SL500, 2002 C320 SportWagon (Sold)
Thanks Raymond!

I was planning on lowering the car an inch, nothing too drastic.

The wheels did come off my R129 but they also have an R170 part number so who knows lol. I just wanna make sure I'm not gonna have a wheel fall off doing 75 down the freeway.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:56 AM
B-5

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C230k, W210
https://stumptownbenz.com/how-to-put...your-w208-clk/
This article helped me a lot. The big concern, if these are R129 wheels, is that the new wheels use a M14 head lugbolt where w210s use a M12. That increases the chances of issues. When I was looking to replace my wheels I would ask people what they were running and many stated they used the w210 bolts and had no issues.
If they truly are off of a R170, then there should be no issues.