E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

w210 e320 1999 wagon EGR valve quick help?? pls thx

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 08:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e320
w210 e320 1999 wagon EGR valve quick help?? pls thx

so having issues of stalling and running little rough
so this will requires someone that is very familiar with egr stuff....and i get that i may not get answer in time before tomorrow for when i can call him....but i give it a shot
its kinda warm out still and want to try now this evening

so my MB guy from mass who is really very savvy... he was telling me about a diagnosis procedure to perform to maybe ascertain if it is the egr valve or vacuum line

and we had bad signal at the time and i thought i understood him clearly enough to understand ....but tbh now im not so sure
and it is 8pm here and hes not open now

so he said for me to find the egr valve, and the vacuum elbow the line to valve. and remove it and plug it....
should get check engine but it should also allow for it to run smoothly and would determine if it is clogged egr line or vale mishap

so the only line i see, or have easy access to on the egr valve is the aluminum one on top that has two nuts on it.
was that the one he was referring to? i don't recall hearing him say to back nuts off...so maybe he was referring to the hose off/from the valve covers? or the vacuum producing line? but that is like way under the valve i think or believe. idk after typing all this out i almost feel i might as well just call him back tomorrow

idk maybe one you guys have done or tried this before and can advise??
Old 11-10-2022, 04:30 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,056 Likes on 977 Posts
1999 E300TD
your MB guy should have told you that he would scan the car to determine the cause of the faulty EGR valve or something else is faulty.
find a mechanic that knows MB and has the test equipment
Old 11-10-2022, 04:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e320
my mb guy said he cant take on the car for 3weeks
but if i wanted to try this procedure he described to me, so i could get to work and eat and stuff, then i could have a go at looking at the line egr valve. otherwise he couldn't take it on till after thxgiving bc he has 3 convertibles he needs to get thru first. so i figured i would come and ask the forums maybe someone else has done this procedure and knows intimately what he might be referring to so i can get to work and stuff