E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

throttle body for my w210

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2023, 03:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e320
throttle body for my w210

so my mb trained specilist tells me or was saying that i need a new throttle body

he said that MB prolly like 1900 and though he could find a reman from good source for 1200

why does this still sound like really high - are we trusting the remans we see/find on ebay? is there a different between electronic and non-electronic throttle body ?? i see there are electronic ones for likes of 900 ish from advanceauto.. and that make sense to me. but is that steep price for an oem origin reman throttle body?

Old 01-10-2023, 08:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
smart money says to first go to MB EPC and look for the part number and number history of revisions so you know what part numbers will work on your vehicle---then shop the correct part number--all else is shoulda woulda guesses which will be very expensive
Old 01-10-2023, 10:49 PM

e320
Originally Posted by Plutoe
smart money says to first go to MB EPC and look for the part number and number history of revisions so you know what part numbers will work on your vehicle---then shop the correct part number--all else is shoulda woulda guesses which will be very expensive
ok cool yeah totally
i tried mbepc and i don't think they are still operating ...do you know of any legit alternatives?
mbepc.net doesn't work for me
Old 01-11-2023, 10:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
why waste your time go to any dealer they will help with the process
Old 01-11-2023, 11:59 AM

e320
Originally Posted by Plutoe
why waste your time go to any dealer they will help with the process
i own 3 cars of which the other two i do go to dealer
owning a 24+ yr old mb is more enjoyable for me anyways, to learn dig discover, research, fix repair and keep this thing running.

but had him do the work,...i wanted to get car running bc it had been there since thx giving and gets better mileage than my diesel truck
said he paid for reman but got a new off shelf mb & bosch number etc etc blah blah - so a brandy new throttle body

got home fine...
stalls tho still when i revv motor. got to work and was sitting in car looking emails and just randomly i revv'd car like up to 2k rpm, and bluggghff it stalls as it declines in rpms, fukfukfuk just left paying 1500 to get and install new tb and dies/stalls still fk fk fk fk fk fk fk

if i sit and rev motor on its way down it stalls. so i called and asked/confronted and he said that it had to do with the fuel adaptive learning thing. of course he didnt use those exact words, but that's what i remember from the 15 min convo we had. but he did profusely apologize that he meant to tell me yesterday when i picked up .. but that the learning process might/could/take a full tanks' worth of gas and not to drive with heavy acceleration or deceleration ... it needs to re-learn idle stuff bc he reset all the parameters.

does that sound/make sense to you guys?

Last edited by mhyde71; 01-11-2023 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:52 AM

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
2000 C230 - 2001 E430 - 2003 E320 -
What Plutoe was referring to was visiting the dealers parts counter and asking them for help obtaining the correct part numbers if you don't have access to the EPC - just bring your vin. You don't have to have them order the parts or do any service. Once you have the correct part numbers you can look around.

EPC/WIS are available on ebay for almost nothing if you want your own - it does make it super convenient to do your own work. Most are virtual machine files that run under Virtual Box. And I would not trust them at all in terms of not being infected with whatever. Some come with their "own" vbox software - never run that on your normal machine. Safest way to run those is to pick up a cheep-o used laptop, turn off the network, and use that to run the virtual box EPC and WIS. Some only come with the virtual machine file, you can safely run those on your own copy of virtual box BUT only if you understand how to disable the guest to host network mapping to prevent it from communicating...
Old 01-12-2023, 03:35 PM

e320
Originally Posted by tyabnet
What Plutoe was referring to was visiting the dealers parts counter and asking them for help obtaining the correct part numbers if you don't have access to the EPC - just bring your vin. You don't have to have them order the parts or do any service. Once you have the correct part numbers you can look around.

EPC/WIS are available on ebay for almost nothing if you want your own - it does make it super convenient to do your own work. Most are virtual machine files that run under Virtual Box. And I would not trust them at all in terms of not being infected with whatever. Some come with their "own" vbox software - never run that on your normal machine. Safest way to run those is to pick up a cheep-o used laptop, turn off the network, and use that to run the virtual box EPC and WIS. Some only come with the virtual machine file, you can safely run those on your own copy of virtual box BUT only if you understand how to disable the guest to host network mapping to prevent it from communicating...

so ok no i hear ya...
but the closest dealer to me is 1 hour one way
and secondly or as plan B can i just call?
Do the parts guys at the counters care or get bothered being called all the time to get part # for us to then go elsewhere to source/buy? idk i just dont want to **** guys at the counter off either