E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Does anyone currently have a H&R cup kit on thier E class in this forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally posted by Rdigglerino

I actually typed all this when my computer was freaking and I was in the wrong place I was trying to jump the motorsportclub sight to find out about the driving clinic and it kept throwing me back into different. No harm no foul and will be emailing to reserve a seat. thanks
LOL - No worries!

I guess we are so conditioned to assume that people are talkin' crap! My bad!

If you are interested inthe school let me know.

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-28-2002, 05:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
Thats not very memberly of you is it Stephen, **** you!
There are very few people who know anything about modifying MB. Truth is most people who buy are very "square"and couldn't care less. Evosport seems to have experience and info, but I see so many threads with Evosport "bashing". Way to go to encourage them to share their knowledge, jumping down their throats when it is offered. Facts of life are they DO sponsor this board and probably expect commercial gain and rightfully so. I am all for spirited debate but the bashing ****s me right off.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:23 PM
AWE
Almost a Member!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Mach430 and
by sdcaclint :
if you want performance as well as good looks, i recomend the H&R CupKit. it runs around $900. as you know when you lower a car and put higher rate springs on, you need to replace the shocks accordingly. if you don't, your stock shocks will wear at an accelerated rate, and your ride will be slugish. the CupKit is a matched shock and spring. i have also herd great things about the bilstein shocks. check www.autowerksexpress.com that is where i got mine.

Be wary about buying products from unauthorized dealers. H&R products come with a full warranty when purchased from an H&R authorized dealer. However, there are no guarantees, and in no way does H&R stand behind any products sold through a non-authorized dealer. Yes, in many cases, you get a lower price. But they fail to mention that it is because you are not paying for any of the quality control issues that H&R offers with their products.

If you purchase from an AUTHORIZED dealer (and there are many) you will have a warranty and will have FULL factory support. Purchasing from a company that is not an authorized dealer will not give you these benefits. You all can call Roger, Steve or Roland at H&R (888.827.8881) to verify this. I know I would not buy something like this from anyone less then an authorized dealer who could stand behind the product and give me the piece of mind that my $40K or $50K or more MB was in good hands!

Thanks,

Ben
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh! I am really surprised to see this post, and I hope that Ben or Brad of Evosport meant well.

But since our company seems to be the target of this response in a negative fashion, allow me to help clarify as follows:

1) Authorized Dealers are dealers that purchase DIRECTLY from the manufacturer or importer - in this case, H&R.

2) There are only 3 prominent Authorized Dealers in the Southern California for H&R Springs, that can supply "jobbers" or installers with the parts and the technical support needed-

a) Wheelpower - German and Euro Vehicles
b) Options - Japanese and Domestic
c) Howbar - Off Road and Sport Utilities

3) Authorized Dealers are business entities that typically warehouse a company's line of products for immediate distribution.

4) If you call H&R and inquire about where you can buy a set of springs in the general area of Southern California, chances are you will be directed to one of the Authorized Dealers for further assistance.

And for all other H&R retailers and in my company's defense - Evosport's claim that we are NOT an Authorized Dealer for H&R Springs is accurate, but we are supported by their Authorized Dealer network nevertheless.

randall@autowerksexpress.com
Old 05-31-2002, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Founder

WOW - aren't we a little paranoid. But if you want to feel persecuted - that is your right I guess! Point in fact, I was not referring to you, but again, if you like to be paranoid and feel like you have to defend yourself - then that is your right! Perhaps Ben was pointing out exactly what you agreed to. If someone does by from you, then they will not have direct H&R support. You will have to facilitate the warranty and support through the company you buy from! Furhter, if a non-authorized shop installs the kit, there is also no warranty. Yes, you can surely sell the product, but if the customer buys from Wheel Power direct, they are sure to get better service if a problem pops up as H&R will directly support that distributor.

Also, you can add evosport to that list for Nevada and Southern California for BMW, Mercedes and Ferrari (in fact I think we are the only Ferrari distributor in the Western US).

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-31-2002, 02:45 PM

98 E430
Just so everyone know, I am buying it directly from Options. But I still can't decide to get H&R Cup Kit or Koni/H&R combination. I have to send in the order by Tuesday...and I'm still to a lost...
Old 05-31-2002, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Founder

Turbo,

The question really becomes how low do you want it?

The Koni/H&R combo is AWESOME but not nearly as low as the cup kit!

Don't stress - you will be happy either way!

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-31-2002, 04:10 PM

98 E430
Here is my dilema. I want the LCG, but I also want adjustability. Damn...life is such a *****!

I guess I'm going to stick with the Cup Kit.
Old 05-31-2002, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Founder

Cool - and buying from Options you will have full and direct H&R warranty support!

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-31-2002, 07:36 PM
AWE
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by otoupalik
WOW - aren't we a little paranoid. But if you want to feel persecuted - that is your right I guess! Point in fact, I was not referring to you, but again, if you like to be paranoid and feel like you have to defend yourself - then that is your right! Perhaps Ben was pointing out exactly what you agreed to. If someone does by from you, then they will not have direct H&R support. You will have to facilitate the warranty and support through the company you buy from! Furhter, if a non-authorized shop installs the kit, there is also no warranty. Yes, you can surely sell the product, but if the customer buys from Wheel Power direct, they are sure to get better service if a problem pops up as H&R will directly support that distributor.

Also, you can add evosport to that list for Nevada and Southern California for BMW, Mercedes and Ferrari (in fact I think we are the only Ferrari distributor in the Western US).

Thanks

Brad
Now I think its official that the post was directed to me (notice how many "YOU's?")

Just briefly...

I think many will agree that if there is a problem with a spring installation, it is an issue with the SHOP and INSTALLER - not unless it is a defective spring from the factory.

Moreover, I also believe that H&R or any other manufacturer will not be too happy if everyone that has a problem starts calling their headquarters directly. Support, if needed, will originate from the retail and installation facilities that sold them.

Happy birthday Brad!
Old 07-21-2005, 02:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'08 CL600 with 152k km; '01 E430 4Matic with 428k km; '17 Porsche Cayenne with 103k km
Originally Posted by Turbo][
this is the only one I found, but it says it's for V6 E320s
E320 W210 6-cyl 1996-up no 4WD, 8 2 1.8 31033-2 885.00 kit
Is there a lowering kit for 4Matic's? I really want to lower this thing!