E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

For those with new style projector headlight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
For those with new style projector headlight

For those with the new-style projector headlight, I'm sure the only thing that anoy you (if any) is the weak & distracting beams caused by the so-and-so Depo lens.

I fixed that problem w/ retrofitting the reputable Hella lens from the new W211 headlight (E500). Everything fit and play beautifully. Light is bright & distributed evenly, check on my old posts for pix on this. Adding xenon into this enhance the light even more. But overall, retrofitting the Hella lens is the best thing that make the entire light upgrade worthy.

I am thinking about another project with my headlight, and when this happen, I will need to unload my current Hella lens & lens holder. If you have projector headlight and are not happy with the light quality, this is the upgrade that I highly recommend. Again, just the Hella lens and the projector lens holder only, everything should plug and play with your projector headlight. This is the authentic Hella lens, with thread on it. It will help to make your light purple from far away, as seen on OEM Mercedes and Audi light, w/o need to have painted bulbs. Adding xenon into headlight w/ this lens will get you fantastic result.

The job would require some works (to fit the shroud, aka projector silver ring cover) into the projector, but nothing is really complex. OceanView has also done this, so you can check w/ him for reference.

If you are interest in the lens, pls let me know. I won't receive part for my new project until weekend, but I want to know if there're takers for my current lens to make estimate for next project.

I prefer buyer from southern california, since instruction for retrofitting is best via finger pointing & conversation. Asking price is $80 OBO. No lowball please.

Last edited by zam2000; 11-02-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC Schnitzer E46
Originally Posted by zam2000
For those with the new-style projector headlight, I'm sure the only thing that anoy you (if any) is the weak & distracting beams caused by the so-and-so Depo lens.

I fixed that problem w/ retrofitting the reputable Hella lens from the new W211 headlight (E500). Everything fit and play beautifully. Light is bright & distributed evenly, check on my old posts for pix on this. Adding xenon into this enhance the light even more. But overall, retrofitting the Hella lens is the best thing that make the entire light upgrade worthy.

I am thinking about another project with my headlight, and when this happen, I will need to unload my current Hella lens & lens holder. If you have projector headlight and are not happy with the light quality, this is the upgrade that I highly recommend. Again, just the Hella lens and the projector lens holder only, everything should plug and play with your projector headlight. This is the authentic Hella lens, with thread on it. It will help to make your light purple from far away, as seen on OEM Mercedes and Audi light, w/o need to have painted bulbs. Adding xenon into headlight w/ this lens will get you fantastic result.

The job would require some works (to fit the shroud, aka projector silver ring cover) into the projector, but nothing is really complex. OceanView has also done this, so you can check w/ him for reference.

If you are interest in the lens, pls let me know. I won't receive part for my new project until weekend, but I want to know if there're takers for my current lens to make estimate for next project.

I prefer buyer from southern california, since instruction for retrofitting is best via finger pointing & conversation. Asking price is $80 OBO. No lowball please.

Ya hear that, Mike? :p
Old 11-02-2004, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sent u email zam.......
Old 11-03-2004, 06:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 & W210
That's a good price.
I paid way more than that.

Zam, I am interested to hear what the new "project" is.
What more can you do to these lights that you haven't already done?
Old 11-04-2004, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
In order of desire:

- Bi-xenon
- Auto leveling
- Active headlight, still research on it. Some idea so far, but I need to try it in the lab first.

Originally Posted by OceanView
That's a good price.
I paid way more than that.

Zam, I am interested to hear what the new "project" is.
What more can you do to these lights that you haven't already done?