E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

W210 E 300 Turbodiesel looking to sell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W210 W140
W210 E 300 Turbodiesel looking to sell

I’m considering selling my 1999 E300 Turbodiesel. It has 294k miles on the clock. I’ve owned this vehicle since 2005. I have extensive paperwork on its maintenance history including Blackstone reports for both engine oil and trans oil.
The largest maintenance report I have on file was a complete valve head replacement including fuel pump, starter, AC condenser/evaporator, and other major items. This was basically an engine rebuild at 265k miles. Rough cost of $10k alone.
The vehicle just got back from having rust remediated on the front end including two new front quarter panels. Previous body work includes the front jack points being completely cut out and replaced with 1/2” drive sockets welded to the frame with underbody coating for strength. Both spring perches have been replaced and also reinforced with the spring perch cup reinforcements used for e classes that were upgraded with light bullet proof armor.
I have tons of body work photos I’ve taken over the years I can share.
It features brake and suspenension upgrades. I have a 3” straight pipe muffler with Flowmaster oxidizer and Brabus muffler.
I take this car on regular 600 mile round trips and it is reliable. Reason I’m considering selling is because I have too many vehicles and not enough parking. This vehicle has been well loved. I am happy to share Blackstone reports and service records with serious buyers.
I have tons of extra parts that will come with this vehicle: extra mirror covers, two sets of headlights, more stuff than I can list that have been accumulated over 16 years of ownership.
Any thoughts on a price? Is it too old, with too many miles, that I should just keep and run into the ground?
Thank you in advance for constructive input.

Old 09-26-2023, 04:25 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2000 E320
It's very nice, clean and well maintained vehicle.

With that been said, I am no MB expert, but I can speak for other vehicles, such as Chevy and Ford (I do have and drive 86' Monte Carlo SS. Not daily driver but I do drive it around and in the process of restoration slowly). And the sad truth is no matter how much you put your love into the vehicle, unless someone is collecting or looking for said vehicle, it's just another clean, old vehicle. In our case, almost 1/4 century old vehicle. Another factor is the mileage. Our MB is just starting it's life at around 100k, not too many vehicles out there can say the same. So even with engine rebuild, that's just too many miles.

From my experience, I would say keep the car and run it until it return to dust. Just do the regular maintenance, replace whatever needs to replace, and just drive it around. Show people how nice and clean your vehicle is. If you really need that space, maybe you can sell it to your friend(s). That way, if you need to let it go for cheap, you won't feel not as bad selling it to someone you don't know.

And I know it's MB forum, but just to prove I do have the car, here is my 86' SS. In the process to get bigger wheel at this time (I can't find any good tires for that 15 inch rim), and small details. What I need the most is the dashboard. Or need restoration badly. I'm keeping this one until it returns to dust. Spent too much money and my time (called love) into this vehicle to let it go.
Old 09-26-2023, 11:55 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
320e
She's a beauty! Sadly, I think the most reasonable thing financially is to just keep it running until a really expensive repair forces a decision. That's my plan. Mine's mostly working perfectly and hasn't needed anything too heavy (knock on wood<G>) in the 5 years I've owned it (110K now). He's (his name is Wolf) and has been well maintained, belonged to 2 old guys that never taxed his engine (OK, I go 90 sometimes on long trips - which he loves), and never raced around). It's never wrecked and has lived in Georgia the whole time so, no rust. I probably average 5 miles a day running errands and he spends the other 22 hours in the garage, just as the previous owner did. When that day comes, maybe I'll be able to sell him to someone here on the forum that needs his body.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Spin Activ
Where are this car location ?

Originally Posted by EdzBenz
I’m considering selling my 1999 E300 Turbodiesel. It has 294k miles on the clock. I’ve owned this vehicle since 2005. I have extensive paperwork on its maintenance history including Blackstone reports for both engine oil and trans oil.
The largest maintenance report I have on file was a complete valve head replacement including fuel pump, starter, AC condenser/evaporator, and other major items. This was basically an engine rebuild at 265k miles. Rough cost of $10k alone.
The vehicle just got back from having rust remediated on the front end including two new front quarter panels. Previous body work includes the front jack points being completely cut out and replaced with 1/2” drive sockets welded to the frame with underbody coating for strength. Both spring perches have been replaced and also reinforced with the spring perch cup reinforcements used for e classes that were upgraded with light bullet proof armor.
I have tons of body work photos I’ve taken over the years I can share.
It features brake and suspenension upgrades. I have a 3” straight pipe muffler with Flowmaster oxidizer and Brabus muffler.
I take this car on regular 600 mile round trips and it is reliable. Reason I’m considering selling is because I have too many vehicles and not enough parking. This vehicle has been well loved. I am happy to share Blackstone reports and service records with serious buyers.
I have tons of extra parts that will come with this vehicle: extra mirror covers, two sets of headlights, more stuff than I can list that have been accumulated over 16 years of ownership.
Any thoughts on a price? Is it too old, with too many miles, that I should just keep and run into the ground?
Thank you in advance for constructive input.

I used before this model in my wedding car long2 time ago (1998). I like to know more about your car. Thank you