E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

S210 E430 Problems and Motor Swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S210 E430
S210 E430 Problems and Motor Swap

Hello everyone,

I'm Tim from Germany and have owned an E430 station wagon for a good year now.
I changed the oil yesterday and since then my oil level has been rising, especially when I'm driving at full throttle (e.g. on the highway). I can't explain it, but I've already had to drain the oil 3 times because the on-board computer reported that the oil level was too high and the dipstick also showed that the oil level was too high. Has anyone ever had a problem like this?
Strangely enough, before the oil change I had more of an oil consumption or loss, then the car stood for 2 months and now it was only moved a short distance to my garage for an oil change and then just a bit of highway and since then the phenomenon occurs.
I can't really judge whether the oil smells of fuel. Is there any other way to detect fuel in the oil than by smell?

Then I have a completely different question. I've been toying with the idea of fitting a naturally aspirated M113 55 engine for some time. I've read a lot about it, but not everything was quite clear to me.
My E430 is one of the earliest models (1997), so it has the ME2.0.
My plan was just to convert the engine and keep my old gearbox for the time being so that I wouldn't have any stress. The gearbox should be able to withstand the engine torque, right?
I would then have the ME2.0 reprogrammed to cope with the other engine size. Is that theoretically possible?
Then another question, are there any differences in the M113 55 engines from the different models (E-class, S-class,...)? I have an offer for an engine from an ML55. Do I have to make sure that the engine also comes from an earlier model or have the engines not changed over the years?

I'm looking forward to your answers.

Best regards from Germany, Tim
Old 11-11-2023, 11:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
one could write a book to your question and that wont happen.
First go to MB EPC and confirm all the engine compatibilities
for your model. With that info you will then know if it is possible or not,but regardless i think you are crazy and concentrate on why your oil level keeps going up. after all said and done get the oil tested or maybe you have an old girlfriend that is upset with you and keeps adding more oil to your car rather that the reverse.