E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

My experience at the body shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2002 | 09:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Thumbs down My experience at the body shop

I took my car to Autowerks NW the only certified Mercedes-Benz certified auto body shop in Oregon. So I figured my car was in good hands. I took it there to simply paint my stock rocker panels and bottom lips for the bumpers, and for my trouble they scratched up my drivers side door & crack my front bumper lip. I didn't realize the front bumper lip was cracked until I was driving home and heard a crack (which was at a stop light with no one else around and newly repaved) by the time I got home I looked and saw some powdery resin from poxy glue. They were suppose to remove everything, paint it, and reinstall. But instead they ghetto taped everything and oversprayed my undercarriage like a muf@cka. I know theres probably not very many Oregon members but don't go here if you are. When I brought my car back they actually had the nerve to say it was already like that, which is a bunch of b/s the guy did the walk around with me and everything, he showed me the carbon copy of the pre inspection and these two items were written on the carbon with ball point pen. What the ****! So I contacted the BBB and my lawyer. Does any one know if Mercedes has a complaint line for there certified shops? Any help is greatly appreciated. They also didn't remove the rubber strip on the doors and didn't paint the two little black circle things on the rocker panel (what ever they are, my touch up guy already said he'll paint these things for me) What a crappy experience, it looks like a BMW with the paint not done (no offense to BMW owners) Heres the pictures, any one have any opinions as far as anything else I should to improve the look of my car. Drop is coming soon! IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE IN THIS FORUM SINCE I'VE JOINED I APOLOGIZE! EVERYONE HAS BAD DAY THOUGH
Old 05-23-2002 | 10:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Thumbs down

Old 05-23-2002 | 10:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Question

?
Old 05-23-2002 | 10:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Talking

sorry for the angle but there was a car one space over
Old 05-24-2002 | 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E 320
Definatly follow up on this. If they admit they messed up and fix it free of charge, then it would have been cool. And guys, please if anyone has any problems with any place they do business with (wether it be a dealership, accessories, etc....) please post it for the rest of us. And on the flip side, if anyone did business with anywhere they recommend post it also. I dont wanna give any business to non-respectable people and i feel better leaving my car somewhere that I have some information on from a past customer.