E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

AC leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2000 E320
AC leak

Aloha guys. It's been about a year after I refilled my AC system but the driver side slowly getting warmer now, it's time to refill again. But I don't want to do this every year, so I'm gonna tackle the leak problem and try to fix this.

I will shoot UV dye in it and trace the leak, but my question is, is there a specific place I should look for, such as bad o-ring connection or rubber hose deterioration. My previous ride was notorious to have bad o-ring at the compressor and hose manifold connection, so whenever there was a leak, that was one place everyone looked at first. Does our car (mine is 2000 E320) have such place(s) that I should look at, or it's pretty much random?

Now, I'm not asking for everyone to tell me where it's leaking from, but just point out to places that it's known to leak. If I'm lucky, I'll just evacuate the system and replace the o-ring(s) or whatever that needs my attention before I refill the system again. IF no such area, then no worries. I'll refill the system and do a complete line check, but if there is such a place, it may ease/shorten my search for trouble area.

So if there's any, please let me know. If not, have a wonderful Sunday!

Last edited by ilove190evo; Yesterday at 05:42 PM.