E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Ipod Interface for MB Bose systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2005 | 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Thumbs up Ipod Interface for MB Bose systems

Just found this on another forum and thought I'd share since there's been many enquiries on this forum. Seems like the solution everyone has been looking for. Hope this helps:

http://frontiernet.net/~dbipes/SLK/m...er/default.htm
Old 01-08-2005 | 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
Hey Whitey seen that to and called the guy but he said that they have not tryed thi on a E class but if the car has a Bose amp that it should work.
Old 01-08-2005 | 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
I would assume so, since it looks like its the same system. However, seems like the procedure to switch from the normal headunit functions to the MP3 would be a hassle when you're driving, plus you lose the fading and volume controls when the MP3 is in operation. A more complete solution would be to somehow add an aux-in direct into the headunit, like I did with my Sony headunit.
Old 01-08-2005 | 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R170
I dont know if it will work in an E class with a Bose amp.... Tried to put one in my '03 CLK Cab. with a Bose amp and it didn't work. Works fine in our ML/SLK though. Not sure why
Old 01-08-2005 | 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Nice one Davey Good to know cuz just got a mini ipod as a gift last xmas
Old 03-21-2005 | 12:23 PM

13 Lunar Blue GL550, 06 Imola Red BMW X5 4.8is, 04 Gold Honda Ody
I tried the Bipes adapter on my 01 E430 and it did not work.

I went with the Alpine CDA-9833 head unit and Alpine KCA-420i ipod adapter.
Old 03-21-2005 | 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by sbarsap
I tried the Bipes adapter on my 01 E430 and it did not work.

I went with the Alpine CDA-9833 head unit and Alpine KCA-420i ipod adapter.
Too bad the Bipes didn't work out.

For those who have a Pioneer headunit or considering Pioneer, they have also recently put out a full Ipod Interface: CD-IB100 which allows control of the following functions:
• Text Information Display
Song/album titles, artist names, and track length — memorized by connected iPod — are conveniently displayed on the monitor or headunit display. This capability also permits multiple “search” functions, making it a snap to find a song to play back.

• Multiple “Search” Functions
Just like looking for files stored on a PC, iPod-recorded songs may be sorted according to registered playlists, genres, artists, or albums to ensure easy access to each music file.

• Repeat Playback
The Repeat Playback function offers two options — repeat playing of a particular song or playback of all tunes from a specified playlist.

• “Shuffle Songs” Function for Random Playback
Everybody's favorite option for mixing things up, Shuffle Songs randomly plays the songs in the iPod music library. Every song is a pleasant surprise, and the more files that are stored in the iPod, the greater the surprise.

I have a Sony unit with a Sony XA-300 Aux adaptor but that does not allow control of the Ipod via the headunit
Old 03-21-2005 | 06:18 PM
Almost a Member!

I'm waiting for Zam2000 to show back up. (I think he went out of town a couple of days ago)

He says he has installed an aux. input utilizing the cassette circuitry. As I'm writing this, I am hoping that he didn't just stick something into the cassette hole with a wire coming out the front. Of course, something in the cassette hole with the wire routed out, but behind the face-plate so it doesn't show would be ok. I'm hoping that pans out, as I don't need the cassette and want to install a Satellite sustem.

Brian - Yakima, WA
2000 E320
Old 03-21-2005 | 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Brian

I just got back, but so busy lately that I forgot pretty much everything that has to do w/ "fun". Apologize for not replying your mail earlier.

So did you get your window regulator fixed ? Email me if you still have problem with it.

For the aux, you can go either way: slide into the CD-changer wire, or using the cassete mode (with all wire hiden), the later is much simpler option, and still clean.

1. Get the key to remove cassette (few bucks from dealer), and use it to pull out the cassette unit, don't unplug the wire yet.

2. Stick in the cassete adaptor (use good one, like SOny), of course, for now, the wire is in front. Now, unplug the cassete unit and remove it from your car.

3. Lift the top of the cassete unit (mine doesn't have any screw, don't know about yours). Instead of having all the wire hanging in front of the unit, pull them all inside, then route the wire to the back of the unit (via the top). Now close the top and put the stereo unit back.

4. Run the wire down to the ash-tray (you should remove the ash-tray). Use a 8mm female-female adaptor and make a aux adaptor anywhere you like. I made mine right next to the cigarette lighter.

5. Put everything back. From now on, cassete mode will be for aux. Sound is superb.

Make sure you have security code before you remove the unit.

Originally Posted by bingoldsby
I'm waiting for Zam2000 to show back up. (I think he went out of town a couple of days ago)

He says he has installed an aux. input utilizing the cassette circuitry. As I'm writing this, I am hoping that he didn't just stick something into the cassette hole with a wire coming out the front. Of course, something in the cassette hole with the wire routed out, but behind the face-plate so it doesn't show would be ok. I'm hoping that pans out, as I don't need the cassette and want to install a Satellite sustem.

Brian - Yakima, WA
2000 E320
Old 03-22-2005 | 03:43 AM
Almost a Member!

Europäischer Saloon
wow so many people are having ipod these days..d@mn ballers

Regards,
Old 03-22-2005 | 10:16 AM

Not a Benzer anymore
And How would you route a wire from the trunk

to the Center Console?

I'm planning on the Dension unit, but would like to know the easiest way to route a wire from the Trunk to the center console arm rest?

Thanks,

ED