E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

RE-thinking about the w210 project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
RE-thinking about the w210 project

well after being here for a while i have had lots of ideas but with funding being hard i havn;t moved on a lot of them.. anyways i might have a chance to sell my w210 for way over what it's worth to some crazy guy that is rich. he pulled me over the other week on the street and wanted the car right then and there but i'm not crazy like that and told him i need some time. i love my ride but sometimes you need to re-think things over, i do have funding open now for the changes i want to do but the ride i'm looking at is this, something along these looks but of course not a sl55, sl minus the 55...

what would you guys do? yes most will say the sl but then i don't wanna live life tightly. i am still pretty young....anyways enough talking, heres the pics of the idea...
Attached Thumbnails RE-thinking about the w210 project-sl2.jpg   RE-thinking about the w210 project-sl3.jpg   RE-thinking about the w210 project-sl5.jpg  

Last edited by alexbenz; 01-27-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Europäischer Saloon
I Am #1!

dear alexbenz,

How have you been? IMO, since a crazy price was offered to you, then you shall sell it right away before the opportunity passes away! if you can do it once, meaning if you can make this W210 nice, you can make another once nice again!

Regards,

Last edited by freshyip; 01-27-2005 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
hey man, hows it going, i see you found your way over here. I'm fine just been busy these days, a lot going on.

To the deal, the guy wants to know by this friday and i even asked a couple buddies of mine and they say its up to me, i don;t care about fixing it up, i can do it to any car but i got attached to this one and i couldn't see it go and on top of it the guy wouldn't change anything on it and he lives in my area so i would see the car around which i couldn't stand....those factors are in my mind and in the back the fact that my wallet would be a lot tigher, because gas, insurance, payment, everything would go up if i get the sl and thats the only thing i would love to get right now......
Old 01-27-2005, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Go 4 it! Don't mention last year tho.....another reason to do it!

As 4 the SL, well, u got access to other cars so practicality wont be an issue. Why not? U don't come across such opportunities everyday dude.....US or not....

Just sent u an email BTW.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
ahahah, yea i know what you mean dave........

i dunno, its a hard thing to think about, it hasn't even entered my mind yet, i got basically another day so i thought i post something and see what some of you guys would do since my friends/family aren't any help.........

so far 2 votes for the sl..........damn, not looking good for the 210.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Hummmm...the decision we make

"I love my ride but sometimes you need to re-think things over." I've been in this predicament on plenty occasions too Alex, what's you game plan? Mine was to incorporate new styles and treatments on my W210 and yes this meant spending hard-earned cash, but this phenomenon is one of the reason why we chose to spotlight.

Nice...the SL would be an exciting project, the SL55 should suit your taste for power since we've discussed before adding the Vortech to your E-ride.

How's your project E coming along anyways?
Old 01-27-2005, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Talking

:v and don't forget the new kit.......gotto luv that a$$!.....

Old 01-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Europäischer Saloon
Originally Posted by alexbenz
ahahah, yea i know what you mean dave........

i dunno, its a hard thing to think about, it hasn't even entered my mind yet, i got basically another day so i thought i post something and see what some of you guys would do since my friends/family aren't any help.........

so far 2 votes for the sl..........damn, not looking good for the 210.
LOL don't get me wrong man, i didn't vote for the SL since you already you know you can't afford to feeding it, so why not think about another family sedan, or if you really like the W210 so much then why don't you invest in a W210 E55 for the money. and as for the love of the car, it's OK i know how you feel, but hey, if it's always in your neighbourhood then you should feel that cars that you have moddifed has been 'approved' by others! thus maybe next time you work on your future projects people will again pull you over and ask you to sell your car
Old 01-27-2005, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
thanks rich, i know what you mean, well the sl55 is a little out of the range, i can find one slightly used but it's over my price range so it's out of the question, e55 would be great but i have always wanted a 2 door since all my cars have been 4door so far....i wouldn't care but i was taking to my tech the other day and he asked how much i;d let my car go and if i would. then i get this guy that made a offer thats insane, this is the 2nd time i've recived offers on it but it seems like i should take it but at the same time i want to live free for now, no payments,etc....

the new style brought a whole new life to the car and it seems like i brought a new new game to the white car theme, i've seen a lot of white cars now that have gone with my theme and i get people from little kids to old ladies checking out the ride which i like sometimes but a sl would be more flashy if i got it and fixed it up.......

the cars siting here in the shop now, i'm gathering all the info on it now to start the project very soon. so for now its on hold........
Old 01-27-2005, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
LOL don't get me wrong man, i didn't vote for the SL since you already you know you can't afford to feeding it, so why not think about another family sedan, or if you really like the W210 so much then why don't you invest in a W210 E55 for the money. and as for the love of the car, it's OK i know how you feel, but hey, if it's always in your neighbourhood then you should feel that cars that you have moddifed has been 'approved' by others! thus maybe next time you work on your future projects people will again pull you over and ask you to sell your car
another good point(s), i thought about the e55 but i would like to go into a 2door for once.. i see but it wouldn't break your heart to see it everyday or if you see a dent on it or something? i dunno, maybe i'm werid........
Old 01-27-2005, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
dave, email sent........btw No sl55, out of the question but i;m not feeling that color, looks a bit off-white, no?
Old 01-27-2005, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
yes....but can still get the F1 kit, no? The newer whites are a little disappointing but still, white SL with the tinted rears do look the part IMO.....and pppl will be seeign the rear of those most of the time!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
hahaha, i know what you mean, oh yea the f1 kit would be nice. update is after work i'm going to his house to meet with him, so i'll be letting you guys know when i get back...........
Old 01-27-2005, 10:56 PM

CL600
Sell it and think later! The opportunity to sell at a high price is rare so just sell it first then think of what to do after that. If I were you I'd get a 'bang for the buck' coupe like a W208 and save the SLs and stuff for the time when you really can afford it. Good luck, but SELL IT and SELL IT NOW!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:21 PM

'84 911 Carrera & '01 E320
I suggest the following....
Sell the 210 for insane $$. Buy the 55 and keep it stock (for now!)
Get that brunette to pose in front of it and then sell the pics on the internet to make some quick cash for the required mods.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
haahah, some great comments guys, keep it coming.

details, guy lives in my area but behind a gated area which houses area well over 1 million. His house looked reallllllllly nice. He hires a company to come over and detail his cars for him, i was laughing when i saw this. his collection started with a G55, S55, c-class 203 full lorinser, range rover and i saw a 360 modena hiden inside the garage. I went up and had coffee and waited for his daughter to come home.

she was 22, pretty cute, well she was hot....., but with the cars and house being the way there were it was on my mind.

He wanted to buy her a car for now and also add a w210 to his collection, he's trying to buy any benz model that he doesn't own. crazy part it with the changes i want to do he wants me to do it and he'll add that money to the total of the car......trying to work out the kinks, by saturday i'll know what is going to happen, a girl driving my car around.,hahah.....her first car was a bug and she ruined it, secong she had the audi s4 but the car was dinged up and dents everywhere, looked like she went off-roading with it....i couldn;t bare seeing my ride treated like that, but i'm waiting on him to see what he wants to do at this point.....it seems like if the car goes then i might be in a 2004 E55 by sunday so time will tell.....
Old 01-28-2005, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Sell the car - take money and the girl..........and you get to drive the car
Old 01-28-2005, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
LOL, my thoughtws exactly.......she seemed cool, a little stuck up, could tell daddy gave her everything.......haahha

but of course it'll go if the deals right..........he won't have the car till summer with the project so we'll see........
Old 01-28-2005, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Talking

.....meanwhile, she gonna need some good spankin' before she touches that car........ :v
Old 01-28-2005, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Whitey .....meanwhile, she gonna need some good spankin' before she touches that car........
:p

you read too much playboy davey......
Old 01-28-2005, 09:11 AM

2001 E430 4matic
Bro give it up. You'll regret it either way for a bit, but in the end, starting with something fresh is always the best thing, well for me anyway. I had one of the rarest Saleen mustangs ever produced, built the car and got it into the low 11's 1/4 mile, had the sickest paint on it, but got the bug to do something else. I said the same things, damn someone's gonna want it in my neighborhood, but who cares, you get something better and you top the car you have and you are the top dawg again. I say GO all the way, do it do it.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
my .02: sell it now while you've got the chance. get a new benz, pimp it out, call it a day
Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Out Of Control!

Alex

Here's my 2 cents. After all the blood and sweat you've invested on the 210 i'd say keep it. I mean sure you'l have the funding for the SL but that's another set of bills that'll go on forver. Don't get me wrong i like the SL but it's heavier than the 210. So again keep the 210 and just add blower to it! Oh and post pic of the girl! :p
Old 01-28-2005, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
LOLOLOLOL, i love these reply's...........i'm going saturday and it might just go...........the way its looking now, it's going bye bye................
Old 01-28-2005, 01:40 PM

wish that situation would happen to me...........when is my lucky day.......
everyday keep on dreaming.......oh well , hopefully someday some nice soul would offer mad cash for my ride........

pull the trigga........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RE-thinking about the w210 project