E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

E430 Extended Wheel Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 E430
E430 Extended Wheel Bolts

Hello Everyone - my first post. My ride is a '99 E430 Sport, and I've been lurking & learning here for many months now. Great site, and great help... has saved me lots of money, and saved my rear many times! Thank you all.

Most of my mods to date have been detail oriented... I have a small side-gig detailing, and the black benz is a great test bed for new products. Installed #1 pads all around which helped the stance a bit, but am saving the suspension for summer (H&R, Koni, 18 or 19's, etc). In the meantime I'd like to put 10mm spacers on the rear to try and clean up that grand canyon of wheel well gaps.

The sport wheels use a bolt that has an extension between the ball seat and bolt head. I've done several searches here and it looks like longer bolts with this extension should be available, but have not found a vendor. The extension is only for looks and a regular bolt will work, but would look odd. The size I'm looking for is 12x1.5 ball seat, 50mm shank, with 18mm extension between seat and head.

Does anyone know where I can order these bolts? Are they even available?? Its only a short-term solution and no big deal, but if I'm going to do it I'd like to do it right.

Thanks for your help.