The W211 appeal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E60 M5 - '08
The W211 appeal

I've been having a great ego boost in the last few weeks. After yet another compliment on my car last night I thought I'd just share my happy experience.

Around 5 weeks ago I had just parked my car and as I was walking towards the elevator someone yelled out " Excuse me mate, you left yer lights on". This usually irritates me, even though I should be thankful that people are trying to help, and my usual response is "Don't worry, it's automatic". Anyway, he then said "Great looking car mate!"....that made my day

A few days later I was at a KFC drive through and as the meal I ordered wasn't ready I had to wait in their 'waiting bay'. A few minutes later this young kid comes out with my food. I saw him checking my car out as he was approaching and when I put my window down he said "Very nice...". I hope he was referring to the car lol

A few days ago I was at a petrol station and whilst filling up my tank a nice looking brunette who was also filling her car next to mine piped up "That car really suits you y'know..". I thanked her and gave her my 'charming' smile. Just then my wife came back to the car, wondering why I was grining away. The brunette just smiled at me and went off to pay her bill. Damn....

Finally, last night whilst paying a parking attendant to the Cher concert (I don't really know why I went ) he actually took a step back, nodded his head and said "Very nice mate, very nice..". Initially I was worried as I thought the car would go missing when I got back but dimissed it as I rather think the guy only has good taste in cars

So there you have it. I'm happy...just wanted to share it around

Must be the new car wash I'm using LOL!

My W211, Oct 03, no probs, no fuss and damn sexy

Last edited by Le Burpor; 03-16-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:07 PM

'05 E500 4-Matic Wagon
I'll share a quick one. I was parked outside a Dunkin Doughnuts and one of the counter guys came outside for a smoke. He looked at the car, turned to me and said, that has to be the best looking station wagon in the world. You know what, he's right.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
The other week while getting food at In-N-Out, the guy had to kinda reach in through the passenger window since they have two lanes. As he reaches in to get my money he pauses and looks around and notices my navigation map. He says "oh, it has navigation? Very nice!".

It's just those small compliments that make you feel like spending that little extra money on these cars is really worth it.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
I agree. The W211 is a keeper, especially with numerous comments I receive on an almost daily basis.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:15 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
I was giving a seminar in Austin on investments- and one of my co-presenters said-as I pulled up to the country club--- Go park this B---- in the back or we will never get any sales- They will think we already got it all.....LOL
Old 03-17-2005, 12:45 AM

2004 E500 AMG Sport and 2020 GLC300
Originally posted by Le Burpor
Must be the new car wash I'm using LOL!
No mate, it's the car. I drove new Toyotas all around Adelaide for 5 months and never got comments like yours.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
Yes, it is very satisfying to get complements on the car. Some of the best have come from 12-16 year old boys who give the complements.

Jim
Old 03-17-2005, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
What you are all describing is that "certain something" that the other Luxury car makers can't reverse engineer & apply to their models. That is why, even with the electronics not being as evolved as other manufacturers' or as dependable as -Heaven help us- The Windows Operating System, (We are masters at "rebooting" our cars on the fly...) the car is still "IT". Everyone who looks at the car, or owns one knows it. Nobody looks at these cars & says..."Poor guy could have had a Lexus for almost the same money". They just don't...Yet.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
What you are all describing is that "certain something" that the other Luxury car makers can't reverse engineer & apply to their models. That is why, even with the electronics not being as evolved as other manufacturers' or as dependable as -Heaven help us- The Windows Operating System, (We are masters at "rebooting" our cars on the fly...) the car is still "IT". Everyone who looks at the car, or owns one knows it. Nobody looks at these cars & says..."Poor guy could have had a Lexus for almost the same money". They just don't...Yet.
Very well stated. The "IT" factor is the same thing that makes me wash and wax my car, obsess over the fine details of MB's engineering and desire to go for long drives when a simple drive to the local grocery store to pick up diapers woud suffice. The flip side...my wife who says "it's just a car, get over it!". I believe we are all a little intrigued with our w211's or why else would we visit this forum so much. Happy Motoring!
Jay
Old 03-18-2005, 04:09 PM

SL500 E320 ML350
I could not agree with you guys more. These are comments a Lexus owner will never hear.