E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What is the average MPG on your W211

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Sport, 2004 E500 Wagon
Average of 20MPG (23k miles on car). I commute 60 miles round trip per day, no highway but in two sections between towns cruising is ~55mph . Usually I average about 21MPG into work and 19MPG on the return trip (more traffic and lights). I would say 90% of the gas I use is Mobile.

Best I have seen is 25-26MPG on a 200mile highway trip (promptly dropped to about 23 once returned to back roads) and this was in the North East, I imagine a solid 26 is possible in the flatlands of the south/midwest.

I have seen no difference between the stock Contis and the Dunlop WinterSports (btw, great tires. I had no problems this past winter, I was a little worried about having rwd).
Old 04-03-2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by SAguirre
Well, I finally got around to updating a bunch of things and the MPG log on Excel was one of them. Here is the latest. I figure that if I had a CDI I would have saved about $200 in fuel costs (I am being optimistic on the savings here). However, there is no way I could have driven a RWD CDI where I have taken my 4 Matic, so the cost difference would not have been worth it yet.

Here is the spreadsheet.

Steve

I can't believe you keep such detailed records!!! Good info though
Old 04-03-2005, 12:49 PM

06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Originally Posted by SAguirre
Well, I finally got around to updating a bunch of things and the MPG log on Excel was one of them. Here is the latest. I figure that if I had a CDI I would have saved about $200 in fuel costs (I am being optimistic on the savings here). However, there is no way I could have driven a RWD CDI where I have taken my 4 Matic, so the cost difference would not have been worth it yet.

Here is the spreadsheet.

Steve
LOL! I thought I was the only fool that had exact reading on my mileage.

I have a little "black book" and I have recorded every liter of fuel ever put in the tank. I also have recorded the long trips versus saburban driving. As soon as I have a chance, I will average it and post it.