MBenzNL Lowering "Module" Complete - Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Cars
MBenzNL Lowering "Module" Complete - Pics

I originally posted this in the E55 forum but this mod is a cross platform thing and I know there has been come controversy over this mod - but let me tell you, the work Steve did was top rate.

Last saturday I had Steve from MBenzNL perform his lowering technique on my '03 E55 via STAR Diagnose. It basically involves lowering the voltage settings to each of the corners evenly and still keep them within the factory specification range. It will vary from car to car how much he can do but I was able to get a full inch through this method and the car's suspension settings are still within original factory specs, meaning NO possible service issues. It looks great and I can still raise the car 3/4" of an inch via the raise suspension button. The car does feel a bit more planted now in turns as the center of gravity has come down a good amount but the ride comfort is still there. For what he charged you absolutely cannot go wrong, there is no putting in links and risk service issues, and there's no module that cuts into the factory wiring (which basically does the same thing as what Steve does, just using a piggy back computer to do it). This is by far the best way to lower your car, you get a good amount of drop, it's inexpensive, it's completely reversible, and best of all the car is still within factory specs. A no brainer.

Here are a few pics. I hope you enjoy. Steve is a great guy and did a wonderful job on my car (he also installed an '05 US COMAND in my car). Thanks Steve.

-m
Old 03-27-2005, 10:57 AM

ML 320 CDI
I wouldn't so sure about the warranty issue. I don't want to say that the job is bad but from what i have seen MB dealers are more and more tight with this kind of issue and unlike a famous tuner, you don't have any guarantee from the one who made it (or you didn't mention it)
Old 03-27-2005, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
I originally posted this in the E55 forum but this mod is a cross platform thing and I know there has been come controversy over this mod - but let me tell you, the work Steve did was top rate.

Last saturday I had Steve from MBenzNL perform his lowering technique on my '03 E55 via STAR Diagnose. It basically involves lowering the voltage settings to each of the corners evenly and still keep them within the factory specification range. It will vary from car to car how much he can do but I was able to get a full inch through this method and the car's suspension settings are still within original factory specs, meaning NO possible service issues. It looks great and I can still raise the car 3/4" of an inch via the raise suspension button. The car does feel a bit more planted now in turns as the center of gravity has come down a good amount but the ride comfort is still there. For what he charged you absolutely cannot go wrong, there is no putting in links and risk service issues, and there's no module that cuts into the factory wiring (which basically does the same thing as what Steve does, just using a piggy back computer to do it). This is by far the best way to lower your car, you get a good amount of drop, it's inexpensive, it's completely reversible, and best of all the car is still within factory specs. A no brainer.

Here are a few pics. I hope you enjoy. Steve is a great guy and did a wonderful job on my car (he also installed an '05 US COMAND in my car). Thanks Steve.

-m

How much lower is a stock E55 vs a stock E320/500 in sport II mode?
Old 03-27-2005, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by Paul Le Corre
I wouldn't so sure about the warranty issue. I don't want to say that the job is bad but from what i have seen MB dealers are more and more tight with this kind of issue and unlike a famous tuner, you don't have any guarantee from the one who made it (or you didn't mention it)
Paul,

How can a dealer deny warranty work on a car that according to MB's specifications is a stock, factory spec automobile? They have no idea what my airmatic settings were before, and if they hook in the STAR Diagnose and check the settings they will see that all the voltages are within Mercedes specifications. There is no record of any changes whatsoever.

-m
Old 03-27-2005, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Was Steve able to do the required re-alignment????
My dealer was willing to do this mod but stated the procedure would have to be done on the alignment rack to get it right....And charge $400 in labor... Was Steve less exspensive than the price I was quouted?
Old 03-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E500 Sport
My dealer charged me $250 for the lowering and an alignment. I needed an alignment anyway, thanks to a late night/early morning incident involving snow, complete loss of traction, and a curb, so I asked them to lower it at the same time. They gave me a bunch of grief, but finally agreed to lower it. The alignment was $99, and the rest was for 2 hours of labor, which they lowered their normal rate to $75/hour from $100/hour. I wish I measured before I dropped it off, so I could tell how much lower they got it. That whole hindsight and 20/20 thing.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
MBenzML

Dean hooked up my car the other day and I love the result. Lowered it exactly as I wanted. Love the look with the 19's and overall the feel is definitely better. I will post pics soon.

Mike