E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Can you request a supervisor - USA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you request a supervisor - USA?

I was driving the luxury ride through a poor Ohio town yesterday (out of state) and was being very closely watched by a sheriff who obviously resented my car. He didn't pull me over but I was thinking if he did I might have been in for some harrassment. Does anyone know if you can request a supervisor when you are pulled over in the US to help keep things on a more professional level?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500, Viper, and other less-fun stuff
Yes, although depending on how backwater the town is, the guy pulling you over might be the supervisor... and the fire department, and the principal of the local high school... seriously.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:14 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Originally Posted by luxury1
Does anyone know if you can request a supervisor when you are pulled over in the US to help keep things on a more professional level?
In California, you can request anything you want, but the officer is not likely to summon a supervisor if s/he doesn't see the need. The officer might call a supervisor if you are a celebrity (in LA) or on a diplomatic passport, but otherwise I wouldn't count on it. The officers around here are used to dealing with (as they see it) rich A-Hs in expensive cars and they seldom feel the need for a supervisor. Of course, if a driver is obnoxious enough, they may call for backup, but you really don't want that to happen.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:18 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Originally Posted by luxury1
I was driving the luxury ride through a poor Ohio town yesterday (out of state) and was being very closely watched by a sheriff who obviously resented my car. He didn't pull me over but I was thinking if he did I might have been in for some harrassment. Does anyone know if you can request a supervisor when you are pulled over in the US to help keep things on a more professional level?
Just cooperate with the guy and don't give him attitude. Be the bigger man.. although sometimes this makes these guys angry.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

w211 & w124
I think just requesting a supervisor would give him more reason to want to harass you. And most likely he and his supervisor are drinking buddies so there will just be double the harassment.