Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 01:32 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Bad Gas..?

I usually buy my gas from Sunoco (94 Octane) here in Canada and there is this website www.torontogasprices.com where I found this station - This particular Sunoco has the lowest prices by far and by a lot. 76 cents a litre when everyone else is in the low to high 80's.

So, the past two tanks I have gotten there, the first was great although the second I think I am noticing that when sitting at lights a small surging in the engine. Kinda' like a change in idle. Could this be caused by bad gas? Water in the gas?
Old 04-18-2005, 01:39 PM

Reminded me of a story when i visited China earlier this year

We were in the Henan province, visiting the relatives I have never met. On the way Zhenzhou (4 hours of ride) we had to stop for gas. The driver, who we hired from another province, was not too familiar with local gas stations. Apparently he pumped from a no-name station with bad grade gas. For the next 2 hours he had to frequently shift to neutral, restart the ignition, and shift back to D - all this will doing 100km/h with a beat up minivan IN SNOW. exciting indeed.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:42 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by atssystems.com
I usually buy my gas from Sunoco (94 Octane) here in Canada and there is this website www.torontogasprices.com where I found this station - This particular Sunoco has the lowest prices by far and by a lot. 76 cents a litre when everyone else is in the low to high 80's.
I get a very, very small surge /change in idle (+/50 rpms) too from time to time no matter what kind of gas I use.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E500 Sport
Originally Posted by RJC
I get a very, very small surge /change in idle (+/50 rpms) too from time to time no matter what kind of gas I use.
I get the same thing. I have never stopped to attempt to figure out if it's related to gas, I just know I notice it fairly frequently. I generally use the same two gas stations.