Lowering (airmatic) problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 Rover | '07-E350
Lowering (airmatic) problem

I ordered a set of front lowering links from a vendor on the East Coast. They finally arrived, and we installed them within 30 minutes. With a couple of quick adjustments, we got a perfect 1 1/4" drop in the front. As instructed, we looked for a servo type module in the rear. The one we found had what looked like air hoses connected to it. We bent it upwards, and netted about a 1/2" drop. When we bent it downwards, the rear raised up. We continued to bend it back upwards, and the rear dropped a 1/2" again, but will not go any further. Now I have a perfect drop in the front, but about a 2 finger gap in the rear. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E500, 1998 Ferrari Spider
Originally Posted by MB Dreamz
I ordered a set of front lowering links from a vendor on the East Coast. They finally arrived, and we installed them within 30 minutes. With a couple of quick adjustments, we got a perfect 1 1/4" drop in the front. As instructed, we looked for a servo type module in the rear. The one we found had what looked like air hoses connected to it. We bent it upwards, and netted about a 1/2" drop. When we bent it downwards, the rear raised up. We continued to bend it back upwards, and the rear dropped a 1/2" again, but will not go any further. Now I have a perfect drop in the front, but about a 2 finger gap in the rear. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
If you use a dremel tool to oblong the hole (it doesn't need much) like an 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch it will drop the rear by about 1-2 inches.

Cheers