E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Opinions wanted for.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500 / 1993 MR2 Turbo
Opinions wanted for.....

Just wanted to see the mixed reaction from this thread. How do you guys feel about replica wheels? I know that some replicas are made poorly and that some are just as good as the real thing. Came across a wheel company called moven (http://www.movenwheels.com/). They make a line of wheels replicating the Brabus Monoblock VI. Did a check in the Los Angeles, Orange County area and most rim shops want about 6 grand or so for the real brabus MB6(also depending on type of tire).

Well anyhow talked to alot of the rims shops as well as Moven factory directly. From what I gathered theres not a whole lot of difference in the two type of wheels. The real brabus is not forged, neither are the moven's. The weight difference between the two is nominal, maybe a couple of pounds, brabus being lighter. They are made with the same materials and molded from the same tooling. Except the moven's are about 4 grand cheaper.

By the way, the moven's are also made in Germany with the same quality engineering as the Brabus.

I know alot of people give crap about buying non-authentic wheels. They say " if you have a $65,000 car, why are you putting on anything but the best" But I say if it looks the same and spawns from the same engineering, then why wouldn't it be ok to save a few bucks? Would you guys pay 4000 grand extra for the "B" in the center cap?

Feedback and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:02 AM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4

I don't especially like Brabus rims so there's no way I would buy replica "B" wheels.

I bought some AMG rims and they are cast and quite heavy - but they look good. If you want to buy replicas - hey... it's your car. Do what you want to do.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:54 PM

06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Be cautious. I had a set of replica's on my '95 and they bent the first pothole I hit. Then I found they were designed that way so they would bend instead of cracking. Great, a 600 bucks for one months usage. The factory wheels lasted 180,000 miles.

I would never spend a fortune on wheels. There are many good quality after market wheels that look good. The question is "which one"?