Please help: Advice on Audio Gateway (COMMAND) problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Please help: Advice on Audio Gateway (COMMAND) problem

Hi all,

Sorry to bring in yet another question. As some of you may know from a previous posting, I've been having some issues with what seems to be an Audio Gateway problem. Occasionally (actually about once day) my Command will try to bootup, and get stuck in the Mercedes Benze logo screen. It will continue to hang until I shut off the car for a while, or if I pull and re-insert fuse #6 out from the back of the trunk (a little trick someone taught me as a temp fix). The car was in service last week and a new audio gateway had been installed, and the COMMAND Hang problem is still there... so I am goign to rule out the AG as the problem.

The problem seems to start happening AFTER a certain firmware upgrade (not of the AG, but somewhere else)... So worse comes to worse, I am going to see if they can revert and re-install the older firmware... But I am convinced that something else is happening... and the MB mechanic at my dealership is also helping me. I want to keep my car for a week before putting in service again so I can try a various thing like turn off the audio everytime, unplug navi etc to help in diagnose the problem. Any suggestions that you guys might help. Or if you have seen this problem before, what did you do to fix it. This will HELP me out greatly when I put my car back in for two weeks if we can reduce the problem to a certain area that need to be look at.

Current suspects a fiber-optic cable that's bended somewhere... Or something about my Navigation (other strange things had happened after the Nav had been installed, although I have not seen the COMMAND hang until last week after a firmware upgrade).

Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

thank you so much
Chuck
Old 05-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
Chuck, please email to Scorchie@MBenzNL.com, or to Steve@MBenzNL.com. Maybe they can take a look at your problems with their Stardiagnose...

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 05-22-2005, 01:36 PM

pinto
I had the same problem before in an 2004 without the hk. From my experience i don't think it's your audio gateway. It hangs because some other componet in the car is going bad. i was told by the dealer that the audio system works like a chain and if something went bad the system will hang. In my case they found that my Navi drive in the trunk went dead and when they replace that everything went smoothy for about 1 year now. i also did the fuse pull also and on luck. hope that helps.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:01 PM

E320
Originally Posted by mbfan67
I had the same problem before in an 2004 without the hk. From my experience i don't think it's your audio gateway. It hangs because some other componet in the car is going bad. i was told by the dealer that the audio system works like a chain and if something went bad the system will hang. In my case they found that my Navi drive in the trunk went dead and when they replace that everything went smoothy for about 1 year now. i also did the fuse pull also and on luck. hope that helps.
I think that helps a lot. There was no problem with my system prior to my navi installation. after the installation of my navigation I started to get static.... Then after the firmware upgrade the system started to hang.... That is what I have in mind was to pull the navigation power out (with the mechanic's help) and see if this help. If so then i know its the nav problem. thanks
Old 05-22-2005, 03:01 PM

E320
Originally Posted by BigSis
Chuck, please email to Scorchie@MBenzNL.com, or to Steve@MBenzNL.com. Maybe they can take a look at your problems with their Stardiagnose...

greetingz,

BigSis
Big sis,

Thank you for your advice, please check PM if you can.

thanks
Old 05-22-2005, 03:23 PM

E320
Originally Posted by mbfan67

MBFAN67: can you please check your IM.
thank you