E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Two Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 350
Two Questions

hi, i have two questions that urgently need to be answered (if possible)

I just re maped my chip andThe person who done the remapping told me that the remapping would improve my mpg but it seems that my car used like twice the amount of the fuel although i did not press hard on the gas pedal. Could this happened because of the remapping or is it because i had not done any service (my car had 10800 miles ) in it and i have not went for any service

and secondly, since im going to get my car for service A, i notice that there are some errors involving the schedule of the service (service A was written as service C) would the re setting of this thing would erase the modification in my chip?

thanx alot..weird things has been happening lately...
Old 05-23-2005, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
I would question any remapping of the chip to get better mileage. Most of the chips claim more horsepower at the expense of mileage. Your question on service: the letter code indicates the estimated time of service instead of just saying "A" or "B". The greater the letter, the more service points are required.

Jim
Old 05-23-2005, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 350
thanx for the reply...

so you're saying that is all crap when the chip maker said that it gets us a better mileage?

regarding about the service letter, what i meant was how can my the display show service C even though i havent gone through any service?? and would the re setting of these faulty cost me my re map chip?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
Well, advertising is a lot of claims that may not be true. You do realize that much of the warranty for your car has been voided since you had the ECU chip altered. As for "A", "B", & "C" service - The first service for a W211 is not necessarily "A". The letters designate how much time is estimated for the service. There are different incidents recorded in the service memory that the mechanic will recall to tell him what service to perform. The basic oil and filter change and a little more would be "A". If there have been a couple of soft errors recorded, the mechanic will have to perform more extensive diagnostice which will take more time - "B" or "C". This could be something as simple as an oxygen sensor recording something out of spec a couple of times.

Jim