“Laundry List”

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350W4
“Laundry List”

Here’s the “Laundry List” I gave Silver Star (in Queens) today along with their work updates…

• Service scope “A” provided by time. One year anniversary. Took delivery of the car at the end of July last year. The car only has 5996 miles on it now.

• Recall
o Performed software update for battery control module 2005060008.

• Inspection
o Performed NYSI 12169826 PASS

• Air Cond. doesn’t blow enough cold air and gives off bad odor (I have read this happening to various members)
o Cleaned vents (?) and filters (that’s what the SA said). No Freon needed.
o 831415 A/C System Ultrasonic Cleaning, perform 115 WM 1.40
1 WYNN01575 DEO.
Performed DTB P-B-83.30/74b air con odor used AIRCO-Clean A/C treatment cleaning proform ed. (83-1415). Option A performed.

• Car jerks at low speeds (again, read about this happening to other members)
o 271046 Auto Trans Electronic Shift.
SA mentioned something about needing to reprogram something but, I am sorry, I cannot remember what at the moment. He did say to let him know if it was going to do it again. On my way back home from the dealer, I did get stuck on some traffic and, it did it once again. I will keep tabs on it.

• After washing the car, water leaks from latch area on the deck lid (trunk).
o Ordered rubber weather stripping for trunk (will need to bring car back next week)

Dropped off the car at 9 AM this morning and went to get it at 5 PM.

Everything looks good.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
So tell us.... Was the service "experience" satisfactory???. What was on the big screen TV???? Were the pasteries fresh and the Starbucks hot??? How bout the Service advisor???? Was He in his tux and did he open the door and wipe yer *** were you got out???? Inquiring minds want to know....

Sorry, I couldn't resist.... :v

Thanks for the update.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 E350W4
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
So tell us.... Was the service "experience" satisfactory???. What was on the big screen TV???? Were the pasteries fresh and the Starbucks hot??? How bout the Service advisor???? Was He in his tux and did he open the door and wipe yer *** were you got out???? Inquiring minds want to know....

Sorry, I couldn't resist.... :v

Thanks for the update.

Somehow I knew one of you wise guys was going to ask this, but hey, since you asked:

Was the service "experience" satisfactory???
Got there about 15 minutes earlier then my 9 AM appointment. The SA came to get me about 8:55 AM. So, yes, I HAD to wait for about 10 minutes (that son of a birch)

What was on the big screen TV????
The big screen was….well, big, only if you had your nose about an inch away from the screen. Didn’t watch it anyway because a nice gentleman from Florida (?) was having his C240 serviced and was asking me what the difference between his C and my E was.

Were the pastries fresh and the Starbucks hot???
Pastries were nice and fresh (or cold) depending how you look at it. They were sitting right under an A/C vent. Coffee was being consumed by other MB folks in the waiting area. No, they didn’t have any Mocha Frappuccinos or Doppio Espresso Con Panna (had to get it once I got to my work place)… :p

How bout the Service advisor????
He was a “nice” guy…not as friendly as me of course but …who gives a sh*&^, just get the car done….Sorry, I can’t believe my tone of voice….I’ll try to be nice again…

Was He in his tux and did he open the door and wipe yer *** were you got out????
That did annoy me a bit…he was not wearing the Hugo Boss or Armani suit that I am used seeing those guys in. He was wearing a dark blue with pinstripes pants and an MB polo shirt (the nerve on that guy)…didn’t he know I was going there? (bostrich)

……and……no….he didn’t wipe my A$$....that’s it…he’s dead….DEAD….

But again, I don’t need that stuff, just want to get my car taken care of..

I hope this answered some of your questions (you kill me) :p
Old 08-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Almost a Member!

2007 E350W4
I forgot to mention that I had to get my own transportation (subway-R Train) from Northern Blvd, Queens to Downtown NYC this morning after I dropped off the car.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
I just had this list of things done at Phoenix Motors on my 3/04 build E320 and here are the results:
  • Had one incident of the A/C compressor not working. They replaced the A/C pushbutton control module due to an *internal fault*
  • Performed free Service A. 7,800 miles, one year since purchase.
  • Installed SBC Ground wire and bracket safety recall. Had to order the parts. SBC pump inspected and OK.
  • Replaced Voltage Regulator. One of the Campaigns. Had to order part.
  • Performed program campaign on battery control unit
  • Recoded rear SAM to provide audible beep when locking and unlocking car (.5 hours labor charge).

I was given a new C230 and I went home until the car was ready. I should be good until I think I need an oil change. The only thing I can complain about is that I had them rotate the wheels and they didn't correct the tire pressures. They did have the lug bolts torqued right on the button. Great service.