a pic of my w211 replacement... B6 S4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jangy

C32: No problem. I don't need your cash either. Since we are correcting typos, let's just add the fact that the E55 AMG does have a HUGE number of changes from the E500. One huge one is a COMPLETEY DIFFERENT STEERING RACK (on my '05)!! Haha. Don't get mad just because the AMG badge means different things on different cars. I do have one request for you, though. Once I wax your C320, please "sell" your matchbox scale E500, E55, and any other E class you may not have and move on back into the "old" C - class forum so that they can laugh at some of your vast experience with high end cars.
eets. Come on out and you will be pretty happy at how the car performs.
I do have a nice hotwheel collection huh? I keep them all clean and shinny. 2004 SL55, 2004 E55, 2004 E500, 2005 C230k, 1996 E320 (not so shinny though... right now). Also had 1995 C36 and a 2001 S55 of note. Vast enough?

If you want to be exact i can tell you the ALL W211's post nov 2004 build (hope you car was built after the cut off or your rack is just like mine! Go check your build date... its on the inside of the drivers door jam -- not all 2005's have the rack) have the new steering rack so well guess what you are not so freaking special. No my 2004 E55 does not have it but if i want to spend 1.8k i could have it intstalled. The car has the same exact steering system as every other W211. And for the record not one link or bushing is different than a E500. The AirMatic shocks are udgraded and yes it is stiffer but no its not all that different. The brakes are sub par and the wheel and tire size is not very impressive. Same size front tires as a E500? how cool is that? Do you see a 545i and and M5 sharing any sort of suspension part or wheel and tire size?

Lets mellow out Jangy.... friendly competition...

But hell lets be honest here -- so we dont have issues down the road. This is a battle between a W203 and an E55 right? So well i should likely say its not MY c32. I had a c32 but well it had some issues so I did get rid of it back in 2004 (for the E55). A friend has some cars he likes to track and well the only way to get 2-3 cars to the track is to bring friends along. Guess he likes to chase his own cars around the track but who am I to say no right? Its not who owns it... its the cars that are in question.
Attached Thumbnails a pic of my w211 replacement...   B6 S4-dsc00699_1.jpg   a pic of my w211 replacement...   B6 S4-dscn0622_2.jpg  

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 01-19-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
plans

Ok and now for how to plan the day.

Plan A: Go with an existing club or event.

The SE-R club will be at the streets on the 14th of October and Speedventures will be at the streets on September 18th. If these days work it’s a nice way to get to the track and do some hot lapping. Granted there will be others there for the day but I bet we could get clear laps. Aaron (pres. Of speedventure) and Carlos (pres. Of the SE-R) could maybe let us to some laps at lunch if the sessions are to crowed. Costs for these events are about 120-150 per driver. There are some other groups going in the near future but the crowds these groups attract often are irresponsible and I have seen some bad things happen. The two clubs listed above are pretty safe.

Plan B: Rent the track

The streets at willow costs 1,200 for a half-day personal rental and 2,000 for a full day. This method does have some other costs involved since we should likely have some corner workers and safety crew there just incase the unfortunate does happen. It’s better safe than sorry. Flagmen do save lives and the incident at California Speedway several months back show how true that is. If something does happen I would be more comfortable knowing that there is a crew waiting to take care of the involved parties. Also if someone runs off and gets stuck, the corner workers will tow the car out. All good ideas I think!

So this route leaves us the option to rent the track for a half day (4 hours). Make a couple run groups and then have the shootout to see which car is quicker. Everyone has fun.

As for the winner lets say this. If we do the half-day and have a few people there the cost will be 160-300 per person (depending on how many people we want there etc.). The slower car’s owner must pay the faster car’s owner the cost of attending the track day (fee for rental etc). This way it’s a small bet but it still makes things interesting.

What do you think?

Plan B seems a bit better but then we need to front the costs our selves and put our names on the rental forms. Always a risk….

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 09-10-2005 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I'm down!!!! Woooohoooo. I don't care whose E320 you bring. I don't even care how modded out it is. Let's play. I like the whole track to ourselves better. The price sounds reasonable and i agree on the safety aspect (since i am a loonatic). Oh yeah, I'm in on the bet, too. Ain't no damn way I'm coming in last!!

Old 09-10-2005, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E500
spectator...

I'll come out to watch also if it really does go down! :-)

I'm only an hr away from Willow.

-=PCH=-

Originally Posted by zam2000
Pls let us know when/where this contest will be. I would cancel any thing (even if it's my wedding or aniversary) to come and check out this race . Heck, if a C32 or E500 can beat the E55, there's no need for me to save up

I think the idea of shopping spree sound good. It's hard to sit down & having dinner when the two just try to smoke each other.

If anyone take wager for a bet, I'll sign up for the E55 camp.

Sign me up for a lit of spectator, pls
Old 09-10-2005, 04:00 AM

'04 E500
plot...

OKOK...I think this is a plot to just get a MBZ event together at Willow and get some nice car to run at the same time. Not a bad idea! ;-)

Where can I rent a MBZ for the day to take up to Willow? haha..

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
calm down calm down... i

just come out lets see what happens. Streets of willow... lets pick a day. finally a local person who wants to track their E55!

This really will be fun!

As for the idea that amg just throws on wheels and calls it a tuner car? Well sad thing is that... thats really not far from the truth. A blower some brakes and some wheels. Old AMG's had different bushings, control arms subframes etc. these new car are just run of the mill cars and all but the engines are made on the same production line as the other cars. 500E, C36 old E50... those were real tuner cars. These new things are just profit builders. Sad but true. The M5 is a real tuner car.

Im not in this for money bud.. and no i wont buy mods for you. A nice day at the track is fun but why turn it into a "buy me stuff" day. If you win you can come tell everyone you were correct and well that is your prize. We both will be out the door 1k in tires after the day so that is enough of a cost.

But it should be fun. Lets get a day going! maybe get 20 people together an RENT THE TRACK?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by PCH_4.2
OKOK...I think this is a plot to just get a MBZ event together at Willow and get some nice car to run at the same time. Not a bad idea! ;-)

Well we dont want a ton of people there since we are looking for open track lapping. We dont want traffic. If many people show up we would have to go for a full day rental I guess.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
I'm down!!!! Woooohoooo. I don't care whose E320 you bring. I don't even care how modded out it is. Let's play. I like the whole track to ourselves better. The price sounds reasonable and i agree on the safety aspect (since i am a loonatic). Oh yeah, I'm in on the bet, too. Ain't no damn way I'm coming in last!!

This sounds fun. Ain't no damn way HUH? We will let the laptimes pick the winner. I know what we run there and there is no way a boat will get near it. But sounds fun to get an E55 to the track! I'd ask for a ride in the E55 after we win but I dont really condone getting rides from "loonatics."

Will contact the track about dates. Can we agree to do this on a work day? Track is hard to get on the weekend.

I will make sure i find someone in an E320 to make the day more fun for you too.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 09-10-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
I do have a nice hotwheel collection huh? I keep them all clean and shinny. 2004 SL55, 2004 E55, 2004 E500, 2005 C230k, 1996 E320 (not so shinny though... right now). Also had 1995 C36 and a 2001 S55 of note. Vast enough?

If you want to be exact i can tell you the ALL W211's post nov 2004 build (hope you car was built after the cut off or your rack is just like mine! Go check your build date... its on the inside of the drivers door jam -- not all 2005's have the rack) have the new steering rack so well guess what you are not so freaking special. No my 2004 E55 does not have it but if i want to spend 1.8k i could have it intstalled. The car has the same exact steering system as every other W211. And for the record not one link or bushing is different than a E500. The AirMatic shocks are udgraded and yes it is stiffer but no its not all that different. The brakes are sub par and the wheel and tire size is not very impressive. Same size front tires as a E500? how cool is that? Do you see a 545i and and M5 sharing any sort of suspension part or wheel and tire size?

Lets mellow out Jangy.... friendly competition...

But hell lets be honest here -- so we dont have issues down the road. This is a battle between a W203 and an E55 right? So well i should likely say its not MY c32. I had a c32 but well it had some issues so I did get rid of it back in 2004 (for the E55). A friend has some cars he likes to track and well the only way to get 2-3 cars to the track is to bring friends along. Guess he likes to chase his own cars around the track but who am I to say no right? Its not who owns it... its the cars that are in question.
Where is the Maybach? I thought for sure you would include that at the mere suggestion by someone that you are full of yourself!
Old 09-10-2005, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
I agree, at first, it was fun to track this thread, since it was a contest of whether a C32 or E55 is a better sport car, but it's clear now that the guy is full of it.

Let's recap:

A: E55 is a great car, beat the Audi S4
B: My C32 will beat your E55 at the track, as the matter of fact, my E500 will beat your E55 too. E55 is just a piece of pig. I'll race you any day.
A: oh yea, let's race.
B: sure, I'll race you, and will embarass your E55. It's just a pig, share most part w/ the E500, except that the E500 is a ...better car. I'll race and beat you. How about for dinner.
A: How about loser treat winner to shopping spree. Let's pick a day to race.
B: Nea, no fun for shopping spree, eventhough I know that I'll beat your silly car anyway. But I'll race you.
A: Okey, I'll race you anyway. Pick a day dude, anyone want to join, go ahead.
B: The E55 is a POS, since it shares most part and design w/ the E sedan. The M5 share nothing w/ 540, therefore a great car (great logic huh). I've driven Viper and Vette, they're all junk compared to my C32
A: Whatever, I'll race you anyway. Hp in the E55 is enough for me. Let's race.
B: btw, I forgot to tell you, I don't have a C32 any more, I sold it !!!. But here're picture of fleet of cars of mine: SL, E, C, CLK, pig, dog, bicycle.... . I'll bring my friend C32 along to race, and I'll beat you anyway.
A: ????
B: if anyone want to bring an E320 along, I'll race you anyway !!!

I think at this point, it's pretty obvious that B stand for Bull Sh*t. Go back and ride your bicycle.

Originally Posted by schwarzwagen
Where is the Maybach? I thought for sure you would include that at the mere suggestion by someone that you are full of yourself!

Last edited by zam2000; 09-10-2005 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
I agree, at first, it was fun to track this thread, since it was a contest of whether a C32 or E55 is a better sport car, but it's clear now that the guy is full of it.

Let's recap:

B: My C32 will beat your E55 at the track, as the matter of fact, my E500 will beat your E55 too. E55 is just a piece of pig. I'll race you any day.
B: sure, I'll race you, and will embarass your E55. It's just a pig, share most part w/ the E500, except that the E500 is a ...better car. I'll race and beat you. How about for dinner.
B: Nea, no fun for shopping spree, eventhough I know that I'll beat your silly car anyway. But I'll race you.
B: The E55 is a POS, since it shares most part and design w/ the E sedan. The M5 share nothing w/ 540, therefore a great car (great logic huh). I've driven Viper and Vette, they're all junk compared to my C32
B: btw, I forgot to tell you, I don't have a C32 any more, I sold it !!!. But here're picture of fleet of cars of mine: SL, E, C, CLK, pig, dog, bicycle.... . I'll bring my friend C32 along to race, and I'll beat you anyway.

I think at this point, it's pretty obvious that B stand for Bull Sh*t. Go back and ride your bicycle.
My bike? Ok well i will do that this weekend. A ride does sound nice. Good idea.

I will do that right after i clean the E55 and get the E320 detailed (since i just got it 4 days ago for 6k).

If you want to tell me im a guy with a bike feel free but look around realize i have been her at MBworld for years and have all the cars I said. Just for you I will take a picture of my driveway and home with the cars sitting there. Maybe then you will believe me. I am not in town right now as a family friends wedding pulled me away.

So you dont doubt me i will list the cars and then once the pic shows up it will have them all as stated.

1. SL55 2004 17k miles Blk/Grey 5 spokes, bi-xenon, wood trim, CD, Phone kit (with VR)
2. E55 2004 20k milesPewter/Blk and Metlot Parktronic, keylessgo, drive dynamic seats, vent seats, navi, rear shade, side shades, cd, phone (with VR), trunk closer
3. E500 2004 23k miles Granite Grey/ Black Premium Pack, App. Pack phone with VR (Goodyear eagle F1 GS-D3's)
4. C230k 17k miles Silver/Blk Lighting pack, Ent pack, Sunroof pack, C32 brakes 4 wheels, 5 spoke amg wheels with GS-D3's.
5. 1996 E320 96k miles Silver/Grey premium leather and phone

I had a C32 but it was bought back due to some issues that could not be solved after 3-4 months total time in the dealership. Had a 1995 C36 Black/Black ASR Heated Seats, CD, Roof, folding seats. I had a 2001 S55 silver/ black with S5 wood package, phone VR, power rear seats.

If you would like to keep track of the events feel free but dont sit there and babble about who people are. If you want to show up u can see the day as it unfolds. If not have a good day.

And the maybach comment should be cleared up. I dont have a maybach but mb did give me one to drive for a week. Silver/Blue exterior and Blue leather. Had rear tray tables as the only options. If you were at pebble beach for the concoure you would have seen the same car at the display infront of the lodge.

I dont track my cars because they are not track worthy. If a good friend would like to offer me the chacne to attend track days and chase down good times and low lap times I would be stupid to say no.

As for the E500 being Faster you should read carefully. An E500 would likely be quicker on the tightest sections of the track because it weighs less, has the same front tire contact patch, and is capable of being thrown into an apex in a way an E55 can not. The chassis is lighter so it responds more quickly to throttle steering so you can carry more speed through the corner. Once you got on the gas yes the E55 would walk off.

I started posting in this tread because the E55 driver began insuting the S4 in the post. His attitude sparked me to say you that well the E is not quicker than a C32 on a road course. I have an E55 and well I know its not a king. I have always wanted to go to a track event and drive with an E55 to show that the car really cant keep up once the road turns. This debate is not about me its about a C32 vs an E55. Stick to the topic and things will go more smoothly. Show up, be impressed, go home happy.

You said that if a C32 was faster than the E55 you would no longer want to save up for the E55. IMHO I would not save up for the E55. It may not be what you expect. The C32 will be quicker around the streets at willow.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 09-10-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by PCH_4.2

Make sure to take some pic... or if you can digital video.. I want to see this!
Old 09-10-2005, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL

Let's recap:

Actually, I was serious. MB gave him a Maybach for a week to evaluate.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E320 Platinum Blue/Ash, Appearance Pkg, Premium Pkg

Let's recap:

Allow me to take the liberty of chiming in, as my brake overtemp light so often does on my E320. The C32 will toast the E55 at Big Willow, Small Willow, or any race course that has TURNS. Having driven an E55, E500, E320, and C32 through the canyons at full tilt I will say that the E55 can not TURN like an E320, E500, or C32. That being said the E320 which is most lithe in the front end with the same contact patch as the E500 or E55, cannot TURN like a C32. Further more, the shorter wheelbase of the C32 allows it to transition with more alacrity than the W211s. The only way an E55 will toast a C32 on a race track with TURNS are the 4 TURNS around a banked NASCAR track. The E55 is a NASCAR for the wealthy. The C32 is a DTM car for the wealthy.

Thank you for your participation. The race will be a great one.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Originally Posted by CE750
Make sure to take some pic... or if you can digital video.. I want to see this!
Will do!
Old 09-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
HAHAHA!!! I love the historical. It is soooo dead on!!

Contact patches? We can measure the patch sizes, if you'd like. But, let me just help you by saying that a 245/18 simply has more on the ground than a 235/17. I can embarass you with pics if you'd like. The E320? Let's not even get into that, other than to say you are both really grasping with that one.

Since you are being ever so technical, can you please address a few other variables that effect the agility of a car? Ummm.... How about steering configuration (i.e. camber, etc.)?
Shorter wheelbase? OK.. What about the MUCH shorter track (i.e. width)? The lower center of gravity on the E55? The lighter rims? The wider rims? The lighter tires? The stiffer sidewalls? The softer compound of the tires? You boys want to talk physics. We can. It won't change reality. I am sorry. It just won't.

Let's just get there and run.

barw211e320 - I am glad you think the two cars are wealthy answers to different joys, but reality says that they are 2 answers to different wealth questions. Quit saving up and just get what you can afford. Oh, I see you did. Good for you.

p.s. at this point I am in an "any time any place". Like I said to start with. Willow Springs or the streets of L.A. I DO NOT CARE. We can run in the stadium parking lot and I will still win. Why would the SCCA SOLO II classes have the C32 in such a weak grouping, while holding the E55 in the highest?

hmmmm. makes ya wonder. Either the SCCA's handicap index system is flawed or someone has been dipping into the rabbit feed. Which is your guess? By the way, I chose to look up the SOLO II groups as they are the ones that are on the TIGHTEST tracks and tend to be closest to stock configuration.

Smoke ya whenever I see ya!! (or your "buddy", either way).
Old 09-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E320 Platinum Blue/Ash, Appearance Pkg, Premium Pkg
HAHAHA!!! I love the historical. It is soooo dead on!!

Contact patches? We can measure the patch sizes, if you'd like. But, let me just help you by saying that a 245/18 simply has more on the ground than a 235/17. I can embarass you with pics if you'd like. The E320? Let's not even get into that, other than to say you are both really grasping with that one.

Since you are being ever so technical, can you please address a few other variables that effect the agility of a car? Ummm.... How about steering configuration (i.e. camber, etc.)?
Shorter wheelbase? OK.. What about the MUCH shorter track (i.e. width)? The lower center of gravity on the E55? The lighter rims? The wider rims? The lighter tires? The stiffer sidewalls? The softer compound of the tires? You boys want to talk physics. We can. It won't change reality. I am sorry. It just won't.

Let's just get there and run.

barw211e320 - I am glad you think the two cars are wealthy answers to different joys, but reality says that they are 2 answers to different wealth questions. Quit saving up and just get what you can afford. Oh, I see you did. Good for you.

p.s. at this point I am in an "any time any place". Like I said to start with. Willow Springs or the streets of L.A. I DO NOT CARE. We can run in the stadium parking lot and I will still win. Why would the SCCA SOLO II classes have the C32 in such a weak grouping, while holding the E55 in the highest?

hmmmm. makes ya wonder. Either the SCCA's handicap index system is flawed or someone has been dipping into the rabbit feed. Which is your guess? By the way, I chose to look up the SOLO II groups as they are the ones that are on the TIGHTEST tracks and tend to be closest to stock configuration.

Understand. However, the front end of the E55 has far more weight to distribute over the 235mm tire width vs the 245mm of the E55. Further, the wheel/tire package on the E55 weighs a bit more than on the C32. As far as the E320 goes, though it may outstick the E55 it does not have the power to smoke it unless it is a very tight canyon road with not even one straight or almost straight path.

As far as "steering configuration" the toe in/out, caster, and camber are all set mildly and similarly on both E55 and C32. The C32 has no front camber (literally in most cases) and the E55 has 1.5-2.0 degrees depending on the vehicle. Even with the improved camber on the E55, it is still carrying too much weight to offset it's superior camber profile.

The much shorter track of the C32 in relation to the wheelbase does yield it a higher center of gravity, although still it carries much less curb weight to effectively offset any ill effects. The wheels and tires on the C32 are much lighter than the 18s on the E55. The type of tire will dictate the stiffness of the sidewalls, and the 235/45 ratio and 245/40 ratio mean sidewalls that are only marginally shorter on the E55. The compound of the tires also is dictated by what brand of tire is on what vehicle. So the physics do dictate the reality that the C32 will toast the E55 around the track.

So we will make our plans to do the run, and we will see which vehicle is victorious. I am just drowning in anticipation.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz

First up... whats with the ego? work and life not going well so you need to be the internet tough guy?

Second I think it would be fun to invite you to Ventura county for an evening and see if you can keep this E320 in sight as he drives his normal pace through the roads. If you can I will take my hat off and wish you well at the track!

Any interest?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
What's this dude saying now?

I'm all confused. I even took it out on my Dad today. I ran and told him some guy was claiming that the E350 would outhandle my E55, so he (my Dad) got all pumped up an challenged me.

Alas, I SPANKED HIS A$$!!

Actually, life and work are both great, but thanks for asking (I always love to see haters driven by jealousy).

So, I guess the C32 ran off. You sound as if you also are not too keen to pay for me to come show your "buddy" up at Willow either?

Just to be clear, are you saying that you are inviting me up to Ventura to go roadrace against you in your E320?

Ummm, I think this post (poster) is degenerating a bit.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
What's this dude saying now?

I'm all confused. I even took it out on my Dad today. I ran and told him some guy was claiming that the E350 would outhandle my E55, so he (my Dad) got all pumped up an challenged me.

Alas, I SPANKED HIS A$$!!

Actually, life and work are both great, but thanks for asking (I always love to see haters driven by jealousy).

So, I guess the C32 ran off. You sound as if you also are not too keen to pay for me to come show your "buddy" up at Willow either?

Just to be clear, are you saying that you are inviting me up to Ventura to go roadrace against you in your E320?

Ummm, I think this post (poster) is degenerating a bit.
Im sorry mabe u have become confused but there are many different people in this thread and it would work best if you kept them straight. I have an E55 not an E320 or a C32. I race a C32 at the track and also a E36 325is. So now that we cleared that up we can move forward.

I will not pay for you to do anything. I have my car and and u have your car. The person who is slower at the track pays the others enterence fee. We had worked this out but maybe you got confused in all these other posts. So the offer still stands and beleive me we will pay out if we dont win.

I just thought it would be fun to see you go up againts the driver of the E320 in question. The list of cars that he has passed in his mommy mobile of a W211 is rather impressive. Just something for fun. Or if you wanted we could run down palamar mt. if you wanted to stay closer to home. Running up hill might be a bit of an issue for a weak E320! If you dont want to engage in that its ok we are still on for the track day.

Come monday morning we will be on the phone with the track investigating dates for the battle. Stay tuned.

Before we invest time to get a day going are you still interested in the "race" at the streets of willow? There are many items we need to work out jangy in order to get this going and a little respect from all parties would make the process a whole lot easer to complete.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 09-11-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300SEL
Im sorry mabe u have become confused but there are many different people in this thread and it would work best if you kept them straight. I have an E55 not an E320 or a C32. I race a C32 at the track and also a E36 325is. So now that we cleared that up we can move forward.

I will not pay for you to do anything. I have my car and and u have your car. The person who is slower at the track pays the others enterence fee. We had worked this out but maybe you got confused in all these other posts. So the offer still stands and beleive me we will pay out if we dont win.

I just thought it would be fun to see you go up againts the driver of the E320 in question. The list of cars that he has passed in his mommy mobile of a W211 is rather impressive. Just something for fun. Or if you wanted we could run down palamar mt. if you wanted to stay closer to home. Running up hill might be a bit of an issue for a weak E320! If you dont want to engage in that its ok we are still on for the track day.

Come monday morning we will be on the phone with the track investigating dates for the battle. Stay tuned.

Before we invest time to get a day going are you still interested in the "race" at the streets of willow? There are many items we need to work out jangy in order to get this going and a little respect from all parties would make the process a whole lot easer to complete.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:26 PM

Porsche 996 C4, Subaru STi, Subaru WRX, Nissan 4x4 Truck, Mercedes E500 Wagon
Hi All,

I will go out on a limb here and say that these big MB's are not made for the track. They are fun to drive fast on occasion, but don't even come close to being track worthy - maybe for a quick let's destroy a set of tires, but not much more. I feel the SAME way about the S4. Unless that car has some serious mods (brakes, suspension to start with) it is not a track worthy car for a lot of reasons. Please realize that this is JUST an opinion - but I track a fair amount, and I have owned some examples of these cars. My current track car is a STi with some mods - Group N suspension and a variety of other things, my previous track toy was an E36 M3 also modded... In addition, My 540iT wagon with the BMW sport suspension had a better suspension and engine than my E500 4matic wagon, BUT I can drive the E500 in the winter...

Ray - who is now wearing an asbestos suit :-)
Old 09-12-2005, 12:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jangy, according to your logic and posts regarding your personal views on the superiority of the E class to a C class, is it safe to assume that you feel that your E55 is faster at the Streets of Willow than EvoSport's C32?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe SCCA has a current classification for the C32. Please clarify which "weak grouping" you found the C32 listed in for 2005. I don't see a mention of the C55 either. However, it is interesting to note that the new SLK350, as well as the old SLK32 is in the same class as the E55 (Class AS)
Old 09-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
smgC32: Hell no. I am saying all thing equal. Like I already said ages ago, we can all mod our cars out.

smgC32: SCCA has a classification for EVERY production car. We are all allowed to play.

May you want to explain what AS is? HAHA!!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Oh,
CynCarvin32: it is on.

Mt Palomar ANYTIME!! Bring it. East side, west side. Up one and down the other or whatever combo you like.

I still want to do WS, especially as your offer to pay stands. I never questioned your ability to pay. I just wonder if it will all roll out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: a pic of my w211 replacement... B6 S4