E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 incentives

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 incentives

I ordered my car 2 weeks ago and was told I would have to take a car by the end of sept. to get the $2000 Mercedes financing discount. I said that I wanted to order since they didn't have a car with options I wanted etc. Today is Oct. 2 and I looked on Edmunds.com and the incentive is gone. My dealer said that it was probably safe to assume that it would be continued and could be even more. Any thoughts.....I am just out of luck on the discount?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by jeromeg1@earthl
I ordered my car 2 weeks ago and was told I would have to take a car by the end of sept. to get the $2000 Mercedes financing discount. I said that I wanted to order since they didn't have a car with options I wanted etc. Today is Oct. 2 and I looked on Edmunds.com and the incentive is gone. My dealer said that it was probably safe to assume that it would be continued and could be even more. Any thoughts.....I am just out of luck on the discount?
The discounts are fictional. If you look at the contracts and read the fine print you will come to the conclusion that the total paid up value of a contract varies from month to month and that the discount was locked in with a greater cost.

There is no such thing as a finance package that pays you for being a client. I would prefer to have no incentives and to be on a better contract.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:05 AM

'05 E500
Originally Posted by benzmodz
There is no such thing as a finance package that pays you for being a client. I would prefer to have no incentives and to be on a better contract.
Of course you'd have to read the contract carefully, but there are cases where you'd get an incentive to finance with them. A friend of mine had a $1500 incentive if he financed w/ the dealer, and obviously the interest rate was sky high. He took it, and turned right around and refinanced w/ his own credit union at a much lower rate (3.99%).
Old 10-03-2005, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by FirstMB
Of course you'd have to read the contract carefully, but there are cases where you'd get an incentive to finance with them. A friend of mine had a $1500 incentive if he financed w/ the dealer, and obviously the interest rate was sky high. He took it, and turned right around and refinanced w/ his own credit union at a much lower rate (3.99%).
That would work nicely in Australia except for the fact that locally the profit margins are locked into the total sale of money lent.

So if you terminate early there are cases where you still pay the sum total of all interest and capital on the deal.

Would be nice if you could do it like that here. Then it would make sense to chop and change the deals according to personal choice so long as there was no early termination clause.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
I used that incentive and after 3 months you can leave MB credit and use your own credit union/bank at a substantially lower rate. The mentality is to lock you in for 5 years so they make the 2k back and then some on your financing.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:03 PM

2005 E500 4MATIC Wagon
Financing incentive

I got $2000 of for using Mercedes Benz credit and got 8% on 60 mos. "Seasoned" it for 6 months so the dealer did not get a charge back and then took it to the credit union for more than 200 basis points less.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by FirstMB

I am not sure about the current situation but there weas 5k dealer cash on 2005 E320's adn 3k on th E350's a while back. So these discounts to exist. It is a way to lower the price of the car or to make the lease rates lower. The factory kicks back the cash to the dealership.