E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

My 05 E320 4matic/ Seat belt chime solution!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRT-8
re

You look like a pretty classy guy yourself.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha yea in a Vanilla Ice kinda way LOLZ!

Originally Posted by RYNZ 00 CLK
You look like a pretty classy guy yourself.
Realize that there are a lot of old people on this board RYNZ, and they're into that motherly thing.

I especially liked the dumb guy (MadMan) that said drive how you want to when you want to etc. etc. Yes, he should be able to do just that, as long as he doesn't endanger anyone else. Why the hell wouldn't he be albe to drive how he wants when he wants?

Only stupid people believe what the insurance companies tell them. 1000s of people die every year from car accidents, do you really think your insurance rates would be any lower if ZERO people died from car accidents? Give me a break. Insurace companies are in busniess to MAKE MONEY, they are NOT IN BUSINESS TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:10 AM

Anyway, this thread isn't about wearing your seatbelt, it's about how to disable the chime. If you don't like it, don't f'in reply.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500 Wagon
This came up quite a few times over on the BMW board I used to visit (e60.net)...bottom line people there (who were inclined to do something like this) would simply go to the dealer and purchase a new buckle for a couple bucks...same end result as what is pictured here...albeit without the dremel tool action
Old 10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by SportyS
Haha yea in a Vanilla Ice kinda way LOLZ!

Realize that there are a lot of old people on this board RYNZ, and they're into that motherly thing.

I especially liked the dumb guy (MadMan) that said drive how you want to when you want to etc. etc. Yes, he should be able to do just that, as long as he doesn't endanger anyone else. Why the hell wouldn't he be albe to drive how he wants when he wants?

Only stupid people believe what the insurance companies tell them. 1000s of people die every year from car accidents, do you really think your insurance rates would be any lower if ZERO people died from car accidents? Give me a break. Insurace companies are in busniess to MAKE MONEY, they are NOT IN BUSINESS TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC.
You really sound like an idiot when you say such a thing.

OF COURSE the insurance company wants to make money.. but they are REGULATED! They can't just make an arbitrary profit.. please educate yourself before you type such nonsense! If less people died from not wearing their seatbelts, the entire nation would benefit from lower insurance premiums. Why the hell do you think the public demanded seat belt laws? To make the insurance companies rich?

It IS my business to remind him that, since it COST ME money..
Old 10-21-2005, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Um, the public really didn't demand seat belt laws. Way back in 1984 we were really quite comfortable driving around with the seatbelts tucked into the overheads or wrinkled into the seat cracks. As a matter of fact we used to laugh about how much money it was costing the car manufacturers to put in seat belts that no one used. (Hell, we didn't even LOCK our cars when we parked them... overnight or not!)

Then the law went into effect & we still didn't wear them because they were uncomfortable to locate & use, so the car manufacturers were told to install lock outs that would not allow a car to crank if seat belts were not fastened first. (still doesn't sound like the public demanded seat belts). They were then bypassed by consumers buying extra buckles (meant for parking attendant use), or by opening the base of the floor mounted seat belt anchor & pilling the wire off the connector, and then the law for lock outs was recinded for being too "Big Brother" like.

What really got people to wear seatbelts were $100 tickets, nagging Wives, and finally the desire to protect our children when they came. (I personally was never in a baby car seat in my life, & I'm still alive to talk about it- and we used to stand up in the right front seat area, and lay across the rear package shelf & sleep! ...but my kids were always in them.) Over the years, seat belts became easier to use and stow, and we got used to them.

Demanded Seat Belt Laws?.... nah! Most laws are passed because government officials feel that the individual is too stupid to unzip his fly before peeing, and that every aspect of his life should be made a law to protect him from himself, and it takes a very big Government to do that. So its really all about Government getting bigger to "take care of us poor idiots". Do seat belts save lives? Yeah they do. Did we demand them? No. You only hurt yourself when you don't wear a seat belt. You want cheap insurance? Drop your collision coverage & keep your liability portion.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 10-21-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E500 4matic, 2014 GL320, 2013 C300, 2015 Stingray
Seat belts...

yes,

And the irony is most school busses dont' have them.

Aceman
Old 10-21-2005, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Um, the public really didn't demand seat belt laws. Way back in 1984 we were really quite comfortable driving around with the seatbelts tucked into the overheads or wrinkled into the seat cracks. As a matter of fact we used to laugh about how much money it was costing the car manufacturers to put in seat belts that no one used. (Hell, we didn't even LOCK our cars when we parked them... overnight or not!)

Then the law went into effect & we still didn't wear them because they were uncomfortable to locate & use, so the car manufacturers were told to install lock outs that would not allow a car to crank if seat belts were not fastened first. (still doesn't sound like the public demanded seat belts). They were then bypassed by consumers buying extra buckles (meant for parking attendant use), or by opening the base of the floor mounted seat belt anchor & pilling the wire off the connector, and then the law for lock outs was recinded for being too "Big Brother" like.

What really got people to wear seatbelts were $100 tickets, nagging Wives, and finally the desire to protect our children when they came. (I personally was never in a baby car seat in my life, & I'm still alive to talk about it- and we used to stand up in the right front seat area, and lay across the rear package shelf & sleep! ...but my kids were always in them.) Over the years, seat belts became easier to use and stow, and we got used to them.

Demanded Seat Belt Laws?.... nah! Most laws are passed because government officials feel that the individual is too stupid to unzip his fly before peeing, and that every aspect of his life should be made a law to protect him from himself, and it takes a very big Government to do that. So its really all about Government getting bigger to "take care of us poor idiots". Do seat belts save lives? Yeah they do. Did we demand them? No. You only hurt yourself when you don't wear a seat belt. You want cheap insurance? Drop your collision coverage & keep your liability portion.
A libertarian may I ask?

seriously, the law was lobbied hard for by the insurance industry, and public safety advocates (including lefty Ralph)... Volvo even testified... Bottom line: IT SAVES LIVES, and IT SAVES MONEY both.. argue till your blue in the face, those are facts.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by SportyS
Anyway, this thread isn't about wearing your seatbelt, it's about how to disable the chime. If you don't like it, don't f'in reply.
Wearing the belt is a way to disable the chime LOL

And as it was said earlier, there's pretty simple ways of doing it electronically other than compromising your car's safety systems and making the car un-sellable without their replacement. But if you support cutting off your nose to spite your face, so be it lol.