E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

RESULT! My problem car being replaced!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,155 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by CE750
I just don't get it. And I'm really saddened that you don't either.
I went against my better judgment and threw you a bone. Normally (as most will attest here) I do not get drawn into such unproductive conversation. All I can, and will offer, at this point is best wishes.

BTW, I jokingly suggested that you use the 9MM on them, but if the psychological shoe fits….
Old 10-28-2005, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by konigstiger
I went against my better judgment and threw you a bone. Normally (as most will attest here) I do not get drawn into such unproductive conversation. All I can, and will offer, at this point is best wishes.

BTW, I jokingly suggested that you use the 9MM on them, but if the psychological shoe fits….
We'll end this here.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by konigstiger

Hey bro.... You obviously have sam and I mixed up..... I'm the one with the 9mm (glock) and the psychological shoe...
Old 10-28-2005, 09:09 AM
rjm

Multiple
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
NOW, I only hope MB boxes up your old tranny and installs it in rjm's next MB....
You forgot to take your medication again, didn't you? :p
Old 10-28-2005, 09:59 AM
rjm

Multiple
Is that so hard to understand? Do I have to be dichotomous to be better understood, like rjm? Can't I call a spade a spade, be objective, and critical where criticism is fairly due?
You remind me of the guys I used to fly with at the airlines (likes of rjm) that "got theirs" and "pulled up the ladder behind them"

My, My Sam...you're starting to sound a bit paranoid ....What did I ever do to offend you. Are you now blaming me for 9/11, high fuel prices, a down-turning economy, over-capacity in the air-line industry, and the war in Iraq??
I didn't "pull up any ladder." I merely went to work for an airline after 9 years spent flying in the Air Force...4 years of it flying in Southeast Asia during a little skirmish that you probably have no recollection of, put in my 30 years with an airline, and took normal retirement because of a governmental regulation that mandates pilots retire at a certain age. As far as your problems with MBUSA....I have had no dealings with them and have no complaints against them. Please don't blame me for your employment problems OR your problems with MBUSA, and let's keep our discussion here civil and informative and relative to Mercedes-Benz automobiles.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:12 AM

Now then children :p

Just wanted to share my experiences of MB ownership and customer service.

Lets keep our focus guys
Old 10-28-2005, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rjm
My, My Sam...you're starting to sound a bit paranoid ....What did I ever do to offend you. Are you now blaming me for 9/11, high fuel prices, a down-turning economy, over-capacity in the air-line industry, and the war in Iraq??
I didn't "pull up any ladder." I merely went to work for an airline after 9 years spent flying in the Air Force...4 years of it flying in Southeast Asia during a little skirmish that you probably have no recollection of, put in my 30 years with an airline, and took normal retirement because of a governmental regulation that mandates pilots retire at a certain age. As far as your problems with MBUSA....I have had no dealings with them and have no complaints against them. Please don't blame me for your employment problems OR your problems with MBUSA, and let's keep our discussion here civil and informative and relative to Mercedes-Benz automobiles.
Just making a (admittedly unfair) generalization about DAL pilots... May not apply to you, but a lot of those guys were wearing blinders during BIG changes in the airline industry. Remember "One Alpa"?

As for employment problems... what problems? Had I gone to DAL instead of AMR, I would be no better of?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by latent
Now then children :p

Just wanted to share my experiences of MB ownership and customer service.

Lets keep our focus guys
Sorry to hi-jack your thread... I though I was being on topic, but it drifted, and I'll apologize for it.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,155 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by latent
Now then children :p Just wanted to share my experiences of MB ownership and customer service. Lets keep our focus guys
INDEED!!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
All my favorite people...

Wanted to say congrats on the new diesel latent. Read your earlier problems and you certainly were handled well by your dealer.

I enjoyed the rest of the thread also...no favorites here but I have critized MBUSA in my time but I have to admit during the past year they have been very helpful and responsive to me. I contacted them many times on the R Class and when they did not have the information, they followed up and found it for me. I never had a problem with my E320 Sport so no harm, no foul.

I think the best thing to do in all cases is know the car better than the dealership's best salesman. I always exhaust all sources of information prior to purchase, especially on a custom order buy. I have also found that most GM's that I have dealt with are willing to adjust things to make a problem satisfactory to both sides. A little give by both always helps.

Just my input while cruising my old haunt and enjoying the good spirit shown by all...
Old 10-28-2005, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Wanted to say congrats on the new diesel latent. Read your earlier problems and you certainly were handled well by your dealer.

I enjoyed the rest of the thread also...no favorites here but I have critized MBUSA in my time but I have to admit during the past year they have been very helpful and responsive to me. I contacted them many times on the R Class and when they did not have the information, they followed up and found it for me. I never had a problem with my E320 Sport so no harm, no foul.

I think the best thing to do in all cases is know the car better than the dealership's best salesman. I always exhaust all sources of information prior to purchase, especially on a custom order buy. I have also found that most GM's that I have dealt with are willing to adjust things to make a problem satisfactory to both sides. A little give by both always helps.

Just my input while cruising my old haunt and enjoying the good spirit shown by all...
Jack, thanks for the helpful advise.. I need this. And thanks for understanding my problem. I will now follow up with my dealer (for the 3rd time on this) with the GM.. and let's see where it gets us.

How's the new S btw? I am thinking (IF) I get another benz, its' going to be the S400 CDI (assuming it's imported), and assuming I can grow to accept a column shifter like on my dad's old LTD!

The members of this forum are generally very helpful, and polite.. I am thankful for any good advice I get. And I'm sure Konig was give some if it, in his cryptic sort of way.. it's just what he said towards the the end of his advice where he railed into me personally that set me off, and for that I am sorry both to the members, and to him.

Last edited by CE750; 10-28-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Jack, thanks for the helpful advise.. I need this. And thanks for understanding my problem. I will now follow up with my dealer (for the 3rd time on this) with the GM.. and let's see where it gets us.

How's the new S btw? I am thinking (IF) I get another benz, its' going to be the S400 CDI (assuming it's imported), and assuming I can grow to accept a column shifter like on my dad's old LTD!

The members of this forum are generally very helpful, and polite.. I am thankful for any good advice I get. And I'm sure Konig was give some if it, in his cryptic sort of way.. it's just what he said towards the the end of his advice where he railed into me personally that set me off, and for that I am sorry both to the members, and to him.
Hey CE...you may not get the leather inserts but maybe bargain for something for the "personal loss and suffering"...:-)

The new S is terrific. The ride is quite different than the E...just feels more plush and softer, even with the Airmatic in Position #1. The interior just kind of envelops you in the (sorry to say) full leather seats. I am very pleased with the whole package.

The 400CDI will be a blast if they ever get it over here...just a matter of time I think. Get the low sulphur fuel here and the diesel gates will open wide.

The shifter on the column is very easy to adapt to. I don't have it on my S but the two R's I drove had it and it is very intuitive and takes nothing but a slight pressure to move it or select the position.

Good luck on your talk with the GM...
Old 10-28-2005, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Hey CE...you may not get the leather inserts but maybe bargain for something for the "personal loss and suffering"...:-)

The new S is terrific. The ride is quite different than the E...just feels more plush and softer, even with the Airmatic in Position #1. The interior just kind of envelops you in the (sorry to say) full leather seats. I am very pleased with the whole package.

The 400CDI will be a blast if they ever get it over here...just a matter of time I think. Get the low sulphur fuel here and the diesel gates will open wide.

The shifter on the column is very easy to adapt to. I don't have it on my S but the two R's I drove had it and it is very intuitive and takes nothing but a slight pressure to move it or select the position.

Good luck on your talk with the GM...

Thanks for the report on the column shift. I'm crossing my fingers for an S400CDI!

As for the seats.. sure, they don't want to install new seats to do good, at least make SOME gesture of good will.. a free oil change? $1500 of the next MB? Teleaid for a year "on us", something! heck a simple "I'm sorry" would have been more than I got.

Anyway.. :dead horse: