E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Cell Phone Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 05:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Cell Phone Options

For hands free operation I just got my wife a Motorola E815 cell phone that has bluetooth capability. I also got a Motorola HS 850 wireless headset. It is a small, re-chargeable piece that fits over the ear and has a folding microphone. Working with the E815 phone, or other blue tooth capable( works better with Motorola phones), it allows a person to receive and talk on the phone by just pushing a button on the earpiece when the phone rings. It also can voice dial. It is pretty useful for someone who gets in and out of the car frequently and doesn't want the hassle of putting the phone in the cradle everytime. Of course, there is no display in the instrument panel or other features, as in the factory phone install. The HS 850 can be had on the internet for between $60-75. Phone companies charge $99. The E815 phone from Motorola depends on your carrier and plan. I paid $99 for a 2 year renewal from Verizon. Depending on the time of renewal and the plan, it can be more or less, or even free.

This phone is an upgrade from the Motorola V710, which I have installed in my car, via factory install. It has the Benz software in it and I had to purchase it from Benz. The V710 is being phased out.