E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Refund of unused extended warranty?? (m)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
Refund of unused extended warranty?? (m)

Just curious, as I may swithc vehicles, but will MB refund the cost of an extended warranty that hasn't even began to run? What happens if the car is sold/traded while still under the factory warranty and the extended won;t even start for another 2 years or more? Any ideas/experience?
Thanks--

Jim
Old 11-04-2005, 04:37 PM

2003 E320
i went through this when i got my 2003 E320 and then got the replacement car for NAV.

when i got my initial 2003 E320 the finance guy sold me on an extended warranty. he said it was the mbz factory warranty but it turned out that it wasn't.

the car got replaced 9 months later and the finance guy got fired by then. the new finance guy said that we'd get a partial refund.

my point to him was "we have 1 year from the purchase of the car to get the extended warranty and since 1 year did not pass shouldn't i get a full refund?"

he actually said "yeah that's the way it should be but it's a 3rd party so i don't know what they'll do".

after a bunch of phone calls we ended up getting like 70% of it back or something like that. calls were basically going nowhere since they said we're cancelling on them, etc.

RVD.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
dont really know how it works with new cars but being that its all MB maybe it works the same way as the pre-owned extended warranties go.

my last CPO i got came with a 1 year mb warranty and then i purchased an additional extended warranty from them. i wound up not even keeping the car that first year and when i asked about the extended warranty getting refunded or transferred over to my new car they told me no go.

the warranty follows the car not the owner. so basically i was **** out of luck and the guy who got my old car after me lucked out with an extended warranty for free if the dealer even bothered to let him know.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:19 PM
rjm

Multiple
I had the Mercedes Factory Extended Warranty (7 years/100,000) miles on my 2001 E-430. I was one month into the extended warranty when the transmission failed. The warranty covered the repair cost of $3000. I then sold the car and cashed in the remainder of the warranty.I originally paid $2550 for the warranty, and received a refund of $2400 when I cashed it in. Don't know if it still works that way or not, but for me, it worked great.

Last edited by rjm; 11-04-2005 at 07:23 PM.