E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Need Help - Changing Headlamp Bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY MB WAS LEMON'D
Need Help - Changing Headlamp Bulb

I checked my manuall on instructions on changing my low beam headlamp bulb.... it says to push down on a clamp and the lamp will release... is there a trick to this or something? I have no clue on how to get my hand behind the headlamp with out taking half of the engine out?

Please tell me there is an easier way for this?

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its big and Grey!
Its fairly easy to access on a CDI, not sure how to access it with a V6

GL!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:19 AM
X72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord
To replace the halogen (NOT the HID xenon lamp) low beam: First, make sure you know which is the low beam (turn on the low beam and you will see where it is if you do not already know this). Open the hood; you access the bulb from the engine compartment. The halogen low beam bulb is in front of a round rubber part with a plastic ring. You can feel the rubber (it is soft and flexible) with the hard plastic ring (the ring you twist has some knurls/ridges). Twist the plastic ring just a little counter clockwise and the part loosens. Remove. Then, get a flashlight and look at the connector for the low beam bulb (it is the black square thing with wires leading into it). Grasp the connector and twist a 1/4 turn counter clockwise. The connector will loosen and you will be able to pull out the connector with the bulb attached. This gives you access to the bulb so that you can replace it. The easy part is removing the black plastic cover. One of my connectors comes out easily; the other requires more force/jiggling. Remember to wipe the new bulb with an alcohol wipe to remove any skin oils from the surface.
William
2003 E320