E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Collusion in Texas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Collusion in Texas

Looking to get into my first Mercedes. So Farrbar had this great post ( https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....0&postcount=11 ) about what kind of pricing to expect and a good way to lease a E350. Looks like he got a car last month. This month the MB lease special got even better, so I figured MB is even more interested in moving cars. I get fired up and start calling dealers around me in Texas (I'm in Austin). They are pretty much sticking to the same story. "I'd be loosing money on that deal...No one is going to do that...Who offered you that deal.."

Collusion? I figured I would get someone to bite. This is a pretty big state and I put the word out to 18 dealers. I almost bought one, when they were introduced, from Park Place (they kept my deposit) and I can't even get that sales guy to call me back.

7K - 8K off MSRP. Do I have to go out of state to get this kind of deal? If anyone knows a dealer who wants to sell a car, I'm interested in buying one for Farrbar's deal.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:39 AM

1998 ML320; 2005 Audi A6; 2006 Honda Pilot
Originally Posted by mbline
Looking to get into my first Mercedes. So Farrbar had this great post ( https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....0&postcount=11 ) about what kind of pricing to expect and a good way to lease a E350. Looks like he got a car last month. This month the MB lease special got even better, so I figured MB is even more interested in moving cars. I get fired up and start calling dealers around me in Texas (I'm in Austin). They are pretty much sticking to the same story. "I'd be loosing money on that deal...No one is going to do that...Who offered you that deal.."

Collusion? I figured I would get someone to bite. This is a pretty big state and I put the word out to 18 dealers. I almost bought one, when they were introduced, from Park Place (they kept my deposit) and I can't even get that sales guy to call me back.

7K - 8K off MSRP. Do I have to go out of state to get this kind of deal? If anyone knows a dealer who wants to sell a car, I'm interested in buying one for Farrbar's deal.
I guess everything is big in Texas including Dealer profits. Here in our nation's capital, you would have no problem getting invoice less $3000 if financed with MBC. To see that all thing are not created equal, go to carsdirect.com and try different zip codes and you will get some very different prices. If I plug in yours, I get MSRP. If I plug in mine, I get $1000 under invoice. Maybe you need to call the FTC! You could try calling that Curt Rich guy ( curtrich.com ) at Star in Houston. Good Luck!

PS - Farrbarr got that deal when the MBC money was only $2000 and yes, he got a good deal, but so did Innhitman (sp?) who I think got $8000 off MSRP in New York a couple of months ago under some friends and family discount.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:17 AM

Looks like you are right. A $250 dallas flight to Los Angeles to save $4000. I'm OK with that. Plus a great test drive home through the desert!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:57 AM

06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
Collusion by Mercedes? What made you come up with THAT fact?

Mercedes ultimate goal is to own ALL the dealerships and make sure NOBODY gets anything off. In fact, up here in polar bear country, most of the large dealerships are Mercedes stores and discounts amounts to free carpets and KY jelly.........

For diesel fans like me, what we REALLY need is for BMW and Audi to bring in their diesels.