E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Are these legit charges?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Are these legit charges?

I'm expecting to pickup my new '06 E500 on Monday. I looked at the paper work and noticed a Transportation and Handling Fee of $775 and an IRG participation fee of $500. The dealership is already closed. Does anyone know if these charges are legit for a car to be purchased off the showroom floor? Also, when I went to test drive it, they said the battery was down because it was not driven and people were operating the radio without ever driving the car. Should I be concerned?

-MbMM
Old 11-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by MbMM
I'm expecting to pickup my new '06 E500 on Monday. I looked at the paper work and noticed a Transportation and Handling Fee of $775 and an IRG participation fee of $500. The dealership is already closed. Does anyone know if these charges are legit for a car to be purchased off the showroom floor? Also, when I went to test drive it, they said the battery was down because it was not driven and people were operating the radio without ever driving the car. Should I be concerned? -MbMM
Best of luck! Transportation & IRG fees are legit. You’ll see transportation even if you spec a vehicle out at mbusa.com and IRG is a shared advertising fee paid by dealers within a region normally non negotiable and passed on to the buyer (its amount varies by region). As far as the battery is concerned there shouldn’t be a problem once charged but if t bothers you that much stipulate that they replace the battery with a new one.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Happy to be a new member of MBWorld!

Thank you for your response. I hate buying cars because it always feels like I'm getting shafted even though I know quite a few 'little feats' to guard against it. The last car I bought was 10 years ago and I was very happy with the purchase. In fact it's still runs like the day I bought it. I got tired of waiting for something to go wrong with it. Besides I always wanted a Mercedes and finally I have one.

Again, thanks.