Few questions regarding the NAV...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 03:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E500 4matic, 2014 GL320, 2013 C300, 2015 Stingray
Few questions regarding the NAV...

Guys,

As some of you know Sunil (SUNMAN) put it in last week. So far i really like it - and i'm now really liking the simplicity of use vs. my 2005 Sienna's nav which to this day still gets me confused at times. Anyway, here are my questinos:

1) Is there anyway to save your current position into the destination memory list? I know you can do this w/ the "HOME" button, but if i'm at work and wanted the current coordinates to be saved into my destination memory, can i do it?

2) Is there a way to show my destination memory points on the map (l want an icon to places that i define?)? I guess by default it doesn't do this w/ the default symbols

3) Is there anyway to make the british chick's voice stay???

4) Sam - does the linguistic control any aspect of the nav at all???

Some comments/feedback - i thought i wouldn't like not having a touchscreen, i'm beginning to think i like using the arrows/enter key better. Especially if you have a remote, you can do this very easily, if it works w/ linguatronic, even easier!

thx for any help.

Aceman
Old 11-30-2005, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by aceman
Guys,

1) Is there anyway to save your current position into the destination memory list? I know you can do this w/ the "HOME" button, but if i'm at work and wanted the current coordinates to be saved into my destination memory, can i do it?

2) Is there a way to show my destination memory points on the map (l want an icon to places that i define?)? I guess by default it doesn't do this w/ the default symbols

3) Is there anyway to make the british chick's voice stay???

Aceman
To answer #1

when you have the map on, you can hit the soft buttons and hit the top right button (I think, and I can't remember what it says or how it is labeled). I think it says current position or something like that.

Then hit the NAV button on the COMAND and chose recent destinations from the menu that lets you go into the POIs or Destination memory. From the recent destinations you can select the one that will be labeled with the time and date you hit the button from the map. When that comes up, then you can chose to save it and label it under anything you want. I think it goes under the coordinates.

I am vague on these directions because I am telling you this off the top of my head. I have not driven my E in a few days and I can totally remember. This works well since I use it to mark the new construction sites that I go to that are not yet on the map.

I have not looked into this so I have no idea if it is even possible to do.

I have not been able to keep the British voice on after I turn off the car either.

I also have Linguatronic, but I never think about using it when I am in the NAV mode on the COMAND. The users manual has a part on this.

This is all I can help you with,

Steve
Old 11-30-2005, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by aceman

Aceman
It can call up the MAP, or NAV main screen... that's all I've been able to do!