E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E270 CDI 2003 Problem discuss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E270 CDI 2003 Problem discuss

Is anyone there have E270 CDI?
Do your E270 CDI have following problem?

1. Braking system totally failure sometimes!!!
2. Cannot start up after stop for a few days!!
3. In car telephone system sometimes not working
4. Battery only last for one year
5. shock absorber broken (what is the normal duration of a shock absorber?)

If you do have the similar problem what did you do ?
Thanks for reply.

Last edited by kahaha; 12-09-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:40 PM

2012 CLS
I have an E270cdi.

You seem to have some serious electrical issues and need to take the car to a dealer.

I have had 2 batteries. But really the probelms stem from the fact that the car has a number of modules/relays which fail and draw power - they are a continual drain. This flattens the battery and a flat battery on start up can give you the brake failure warnings etc.

I have just had 2 of the units on my car changed - one was associated with the interior light, the other under the drivers seat.

The ones under the seat have failed before.

You would get the warning "electrical malfuntion, electrical consumers switched off".

No problems with shocks after 45000m

Good luck !

Marc
Old 12-10-2005, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
I think that once you start getting total brake failure youv'e got to admit to having a serious problem with your car and a trip to the dealers is a necessity.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by marc777
I have an E270cdi.

You seem to have some serious electrical issues and need to take the car to a dealer.

I have had 2 batteries. But really the probelms stem from the fact that the car has a number of modules/relays which fail and draw power - they are a continual drain. This flattens the battery and a flat battery on start up can give you the brake failure warnings etc.

I have just had 2 of the units on my car changed - one was associated with the interior light, the other under the drivers seat.

The ones under the seat have failed before.

You would get the warning "electrical malfuntion, electrical consumers switched off".

No problems with shocks after 45000m

Good luck !

Marc
Thanks for your help.
The start up problem is not likely to the battery. When I ask the dealer how can this new car has this kind of problem.The answer is this kind of diesel engine car need to drive everyday other wise I have problem. Is this bull**** or what? I paid great deal of money to buy a LUXURY car. I think I have the right to drive when ever I want, don't I? Why should I drive this car everyday? Would you please give me some advice as well?
By the way, the mile clock is only close to 30000km. I have complaint the total brake failure to DCM. They agree to change the SBC for me. Before they change they did not tell me there is a problem with the shock absorber. They find out after they change the SBC, and they want me to pay the bill for the shock absorber now. Do you think this is reasonable?
Thank you for reply.!!
Old 12-10-2005, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by marcos
I think that once you start getting total brake failure youv'e got to admit to having a serious problem with your car and a trip to the dealers is a necessity.
The problem happened when this E270 CDI close to one year old. I reported to dealer immediately, but they could not find out where was the problem. This car has been send back to service center several times. The service center just cannot find out where is the problem. That is why I complaint letter to DCM about 1.5 months ago. DCM want me to send the car back again and I did 1 month ago. But The situation is still the same, no problem found. I am not the only one who experience the total brake failure. My parents and I and even my father's secretory have the experience. Finally the DCM agree to change the SBC for me. When they try to do the test after they change, they tell me the shock absorber is not working properly and need to change. but since the warranty period is passed, I need to pay for it. .....
I really need some advice on this.
If you can provide some, it will be very appreicated.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Carlsson CD32 E320 CDI Inline-6
This one is clear-cut lemon buyback in Virginia.

And US Federal (MM) law as well.

What are your laws, any help from big brother over there?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by kahaha
The problem happened when this E270 CDI close to one year old. I reported to dealer immediately, but they could not find out where was the problem. This car has been send back to service center several times. The service center just cannot find out where is the problem. That is why I complaint letter to DCM about 1.5 months ago. DCM want me to send the car back again and I did 1 month ago. But The situation is still the same, no problem found. I am not the only one who experience the total brake failure. My parents and I and even my father's secretory have the experience. Finally the DCM agree to change the SBC for me. When they try to do the test after they change, they tell me the shock absorber is not working properly and need to change. but since the warranty period is passed, I need to pay for it. .....
I really need some advice on this.
If you can provide some, it will be very appreicated.
What country are you in? don't they have lemon laws?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by CE750
What country are you in? don't they have lemon laws?
I am in Malaysia. I am not local therefore I don't know the law here. I assume you guys suggesting me to find a lawer, don't you. I mean if DCM still want me to pay for the shock absorber.
I am also seeking for car expert. Is the duration of shock absorber so short? The car is only 2.5 years old and the mileage is only 30000km.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by kahaha
I am in Malaysia. I am not local therefore I don't know the law here. I assume you guys suggesting me to find a lawer, don't you. I mean if DCM still want me to pay for the shock absorber.
I am also seeking for car expert. Is the duration of shock absorber so short? The car is only 2.5 years old and the mileage is only 30000km.
2.5 years old and 30000km, costs 5-7 times more than the same car in the US.. and is OUT OF WARRANTY??? Thank God I'm American!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by CE750
2.5 years old and 30000km, costs 5-7 times more than the same car in the US.. and is OUT OF WARRANTY??? Thank God I'm American!
Warranty Period only 2 years
the car cost about 450K / 3.85 = 116k USD
You are lucky!!!!!