E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Anybody had SBC serviced by dealers in SoCal area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tesla
Anybody had SBC serviced by dealers in SoCal area?

I am looking for recommendation of a dealer and knowledgable service advisor to install the pulsating dampner mod on SBC system. I've been to two dealers, House of Imports and Fletcher Jones, complaining about the excessive pump noise. I even specifically mentioned the pulsating dampner bulletin to the SA. Both time car came back "no problem found." It's like they try to avoid all SBC works like the plagues.

Anybody who had this done succesfully in Socal area? I was hoping to have an answer like "oh yeah I know exactly what you're talking about, I'll get the tech on it right away" from an SA, but so far they all seems to know nothing about it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Almost a Member!

08 CLS 550
Pat

I have not had that specific problem but I have had a whole variety of other issues with my car that were taken care of. I would give MBZ of Laguna Niguel, SA John Cosby, a big recomendation. My car is there right now for the latest brake recall. No hassel on the loner car like at the other dealers, they have there own, no Enterprise to go thru. They fix it right the first time and extremely courteous. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
I've noticed the avoidance issue around here in NJ too. They always claim that it is normal for SBC. But, after I told them to do the pulsation damper fix, it solved the problem.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Almost a Member!

08 CLS 550
Is the SBC problem your talking about mean the car jerks at slow speeds? I don't recall what SBC stands for. thx Pat
Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 PM

2003 E-500
I also recommend MB of Laguna Niguel. I've bought cars from them since '96 (when they were Mission Imports in a different location) and always been satisfied by there sales and service. I haven't had your specific complaint but would expect them to be aware of the problem and treat you right even though you didn't buy your car from them.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by phahn
Is the SBC problem your talking about mean the car jerks at slow speeds? I don't recall what SBC stands for. thx Pat
Sensotronic Brake Control