E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Radio Reception Gone!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' S550,,,C63!
Radio Reception Gone!

I need some help with my Radio I am experiancing problem with the reception that coming in from AM and FM. I have had this problem twice already and when I took it to the dealer they said they didnt know what it was. I would like some info to what this may be. They told me it was my tint but I have had my tint more than a year and never had this problem.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by esport
I need some help with my Radio I am experiancing problem with the reception that coming in from AM and FM. I have had this problem twice already and when I took it to the dealer they said they didnt know what it was. I would like some info to what this may be. They told me it was my tint but I have had my tint more than a year and never had this problem.
Hard to say with the info you posted. I've heard that metallic tints can affect radio reception. You said this happened before..... what did you do to fix it then?
Old 12-27-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' S550,,,C63!
The dealer said they adjusted the cables which go to the atenna. When the radio is on the radio stations make a weird sound like interference. I just dont get it. The wierd part after they adjusted the cable it actually work but only for a week and this is my problem I want to get rid of this problem.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Sounds to me like the rear window antenna amplifier needs replacement. This problem is more prevalent on the C class but who knows....

Only other reason I have seen poor or no radio reception is the metallic tint.. and one SL55 with a bad AudioGateway.