E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Very upset with my dealer.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by IllCDI
John,

You have been lucky... .

NOOooooooo I haven't You have been unlucky. Your posts reflect your annoyance (understandably so)

It is easy for anyone to generalise... Oh, I have a good car, so they are all good, or I have a bad one so they must all be bad!!

Forums are a place where folks can complain, we are all adults, so we must surely take that into account?

You keep citing breakdowns and the highest rate etc etc.

Now be honest

How many 211 E-class have you actually seen YOURSELF broke down at the side of the road?

How many 211 E-class have YOU seen being towed?

JDPower counts an intermittant failure of the garage door opening button as a 'car breakdown'!!! Now it naturally follows that if you have not got this option then it is not likely to break???

However I do NOT consider that to be a breakdown, annoying yes, but breakdown no. The figures that you are using have no meaning what soever regarding actual breakdowns. The figures you dismiss because you don't want to listen, actually relate to the very topic you are talking about..... Car breakdowns. Does the AAA produce figures? Publish those and if the E-class is even in the Top Ten, I will eat humble pie and eat my registration document What will you do if they are not featured in the top ten????

You are clearly paranoid (worried) about your CDI breaking down. My advice would be to sell it.

Take no notice of the fact that over here the vehicle goes 20,000 miles between servicing (oil changes etc)

Take no notice our emergency services thrash the living daylights out of them for 300,000 miles before selling them(at the same service intervals)

Take no notice of the fact that Sprinter CDI vans are by far the most popular van that sells in the UK and these things are now regularly clocking up in excess of 400,000 miles in three years and again each mile is hard earned.

The 320CDI is one of the best engines diesel engines on the market. The 535 3ltr BMW is faster, but oh so delicate. You are clearly unhappy with your car and life is far, far to short. Stop moaning, enjoy yourself, be happy, flog the car and buy a Lexus.

By the way I like the bit about how you say your old car was reliable, the alternator BROKE and you still managed to drive 500 miles If the alternator broke on your CDI you would be screaming from the rafters???

Originally Posted by CDIKen
Your public profile says you were born in 1982.

On a very basic diesel powered vehicle you could drive forever without an alternator. On a conventional vehicle though you would travel for as far as the battery would allow (on the 320CDI that would not be a great distance)

On a final note, the alternator is NOT a Mercedes-Benz product.
Have a happy new year,

John

A foggy morning in Torquay

Last edited by glojo; 01-03-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:41 AM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glojo
....You have been unlucky...Your posts reflect your annoyance (understandably so)....My advice would be to sell it....You are clearly unhappy with your car and life is far, far to short. Stop moaning, enjoy yourself, be happy.....Have a happy new year....
IllCDI- I have to agree. Get rid of the damn thing and get a different car. Your posts reflect...something...unhappiness with the car.
Don't worry. Be happy. Get rid of it and get something else. Have a happy 2006!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:11 PM
IllCDI

That is actually the build date of my w123... I would never volunteer my birthdate or name on a message board. If you go on some websites just from ones birthdate and name; their address, credit history etc can be revealed.

Don';t get me wrong I really want to like the CDI but I am just afraid it wont start after sitting for some time... It has done it in the past and was a real inconvenience. There is a guy on the greasecar website who converted his E320 CDI to run on SVO, why not try it? Especially after I get it running right (should be done by today). There are many things I like about the car, the engine is super smooth and pulls amazingly, the interior ergonomics are top notch much better than my Lexus, the COMAND unit is intiutive and non distracting to use, the gase mileage is great at 28-32mpg. I love the fact that i can go 500+ miles on a single tank of diesel. There are a bunch of things to love about this car. Its a rare commodity to have this car in California and dont get me wrong this is an amazing car its just "different" than any other Mercedes I have owned.

PS: I was on this board a couple years ago but signed off and now I am back to get help regarding my "ILLCDI" Anyone here on Mercedesshop as well?