E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Internal motion sensors and COMAND by MBenznl. Thanks Steve!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL 350 & E class 200K avantgarde
Internal motion sensors and COMAND by MBenznl. Thanks Steve!!!

I got a COMAND and Internal motion sensors and etc...

Steve do a wonderful job as like his reputations.Very delicate and professional job.
I love COMAND --- enjoy TV,linguatronics and ipod and sound!
I never imagine full satisfaction as I like them now.

Most peculiar and cute feature is IMS--- after locking the car, past in a second, IMS sensors slope down away from the celing and watches and detect something inside of my car.
Enjoy this pictures!!!
Attached Thumbnails Internal motion sensors and COMAND by MBenznl. Thanks Steve!!!-d7fe3690.jpg   Internal motion sensors and COMAND by MBenznl. Thanks Steve!!!-d7fe3704.jpg   Internal motion sensors and COMAND by MBenznl. Thanks Steve!!!-d7fe3696.jpg  
Old 01-06-2006, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
The sensor seems to be aiming towards the rear of the car though. Are there any sensors for the front?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:31 PM

IMS purpose?

I hear of a lot of people getting the IMS and it seems pretty cool but I'm still a bit confused on the functionality purpose. From what I have read, it seems like it would be a feature you would use on a convertible. If the top was down and you parked the car, it would detect someone reaching in and "snooping/stealing". But, otherwise if you set the alarm and the windows are closed... what purpose does it serve??
Old 01-06-2006, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E320
Originally Posted by AJU_E350
I hear of a lot of people getting the IMS and it seems pretty cool but I'm still a bit confused on the functionality purpose. From what I have read, it seems like it would be a feature you would use on a convertible. If the top was down and you parked the car, it would detect someone reaching in and "snooping/stealing". But, otherwise if you set the alarm and the windows are closed... what purpose does it serve??

It would still serve a purpose. If someone breaks a window…unlocks the car and gains entry, that would trigger the IMS. Even if they're just attempting to steal any personal belongings within view as oppose to stealing the car itself. I would prefer a shock sensor to be added to the alarm if possible.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 s550 4matic
Originally Posted by W211 Ryda
It would still serve a purpose. If someone breaks a window…unlocks the car and gains entry, that would trigger the IMS. Even if they're just attempting to steal any personal belongings within view as oppose to stealing the car itself. I would prefer a shock sensor to be added to the alarm if possible.

doesnt the standard alarm go off if someone breaks a window anyway? I have a keychain that vibrates/lights up if my car alarm goes off.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Originally Posted by kaggz1227
doesnt the standard alarm go off if someone breaks a window anyway?
Nope. Got broken into earlier this year. Broke the window and crawled in without opening the door. *******s.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E320
Originally Posted by kaggz1227
doesnt the standard alarm go off if someone breaks a window anyway? I have a keychain that vibrates/lights up if my car alarm goes off.
Our alarms only go off when a door is opened or if someone tries to jack up/tow the car away. No shock sensor whatsoever.