E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

vibration question-04' 4matic e500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vibration question-04' 4matic e500

I have a vibration that feels like I am drving over a mildly corrugated road -all the time. It seems to be from the rear( felt in the seat and door arm rests and not in the steering wheel) . I have recently had the tranfer case replaced- (defective under warranty). My tires have only 5000 miles on them and I just had them rebalanced( to see if this was the issue). Before they rebalanced I asked them to check the current balancing ( before ripping the weights off and redoing) to see if it was off. The report was that it was not. They rebalanced anyway. No change in condition.
Frankly this is one of the worst cars I have ever owned. I have probably had over ten service orders in 26000 miles. Major components have been replaced. Besides the transfer case- I have had the right front drive shaft replaced and other lessor issues.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Ahhh, but everyone still looks upon you with envy! Its like being Ben Cartwright, everyone in town either repected him or was jealous of him... and he only had one set of clothing.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:20 PM
PSG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500 4MATIC
Understanding that these things are hard to describe, I had something that sounds similar. It was diagnosed as a ball joint (front) which was replaced under warranty and the car rides perfectly now.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
I had a similar problem initially which the dealer could not fix, finally took it to NTB to fix and they said they could not balance the tire because it was not "round". Took it back to the dealer and they agreed and replaced all 4 tires, but problem was still there.

Finally the found some bolt on the steering column that was loose, they tightened it and the vibration disappeared. It came back months later and they tightened it again to fix the problem.