I can not listen audio CDs or radio anymore

I have a big library of mp3 songs to my pc and I can't listen these to my car

Waiting for any suggestions
Old 02-28-2006, 12:56 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
If your radio and CD no longer work, then you might not be able to play MP3s either even if you could input them into the head unit. You may have to have the head unit repaired, if it isn't working correctly. Can you provide more details of why you can't listen to the radio or CDs?

The APS 50 head unit does not have an AUX audio input, at least not in the North American market. I have that unit and I input from a portable audio device (an XM satellite radio receiver) one of two ways: with a cassette adapter device or an FM transmitter/modulator. Both were included with my satellite radio receiver, but you should be able to buy both separately for an MP3 player. Of course, you can't use an FM transmitter/modulator if your radio is not working.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
get an MP3 compatible CD changer

greetingz,
Old 03-01-2006, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Sport, 2004 E500 Wagon
Originally Posted by DWP
If your radio and CD no longer work, then you might not be able to play MP3s either even if you could input them into the head unit. You may have to have the head unit repaired, if it isn't working correctly. Can you provide more details of why you can't listen to the radio or CDs?
I imagine the authorize can't stand to listen to radio or CD anymore. If anyone has difficulty with the concept turn on your radio and select a station, especially during the morning commute. Short of NPR, which may cause drowsiness, the short term impact is nausea, headaches, and the feeling that if these are an example of the human race we are all doomed (involuntary convulsions may also occur in some markets between the brief stints of repetitive music).

Even with a 6 disk changer I rapidly get tired of my set, and frankly the Mercedes CD changer is slow and a pain to change disks when you just want to get in the car and go *click click* *whirl* *click click* *pause* *whirl* *pause**spit* *#repeat#*.

Replacing with the MP3 CD changer is the most cost effective way I hear. I use a cassette adapter myself but 3 times (most recently last night) the adapter stuck in the player with out engaging so I can't use my mp3 player and I'm stuck with radio/CD.

My wife's 2004 is wonderful however, the slot load COMAND drive takes a DVD of mp3s...once you figure out the special sauce (specific format of the files).
Old 03-01-2006, 11:23 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Ah, of course. I should have realized that somebody is more likely to get sick of local radio and their CD collection than they are to have a broken radio and CD player. In that case, burning his/her MP3 collection to disk and then following Steve's suggestion is the best way to go if they don't have an AUX input.

Our W211 is my wife's daily driver and she never listens to terrestrial radio on her commute, just XM radio on a portable receiver.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Sport, 2004 E500 Wagon
Originally Posted by DWP
Ah, of course. I should have realized that somebody is more likely to get sick of local radio and their CD collection than they are to have a broken radio and CD player.
You came to the logical conclusion (and maybe the right one). Having just come off of NPR pledge drive I just recently experienced having truly NOTHING on the radio I wanted to listen to for 45minutes each way from work.